Laydee is back home!
The surgery was a success, and we are feeling so grateful. Initially, the costs were projected to be between $1400 and $1800, but with their generous military discount, our final bill came to $1264.88.
Every little bit helps, and we truly appreciate the discount!
Now on to the post...
Just as the sun was rising this morning, we were at the Veterinarian's office. To the east, the sky was painted in shades of orange and pink, illuminating palms in the early light and to the west, the sky was a pretty blue I had not seen before.
It was a beautiful morning!
As we gently escorted her to the veterinary clinic, the unfortunate ornament hanging from her chin began to bleed again, a reminder that this procedure was necessary.
I contemplated the hefty price tag of $1,400 to $1,800 for the surgery. This is just part of the responsibility we took on when we welcomed her into our lives. I couldn’t help but think about the pet insurance we had decided to cancel this year—there was no point in dwelling on that now.
We had to focus on what mattered: her well-being.
IHOP was right next door, so we decided to enjoy a birthday breakfast together for my husband's birthday.
She’ll be all set and ready for pick-up by 4 pm!
We are on pins and needles as we wait. No news is good news.
------------------------------------------
Meanwhile...
Some people delight in the charm of multiple Christmas trees, transforming their homes into a winter wonderland; I find joy in curating an array of nativity scenes that capture the essence of the season.
One of my favorites is a rather cheesy plastic nativity set, but to me, it embodies the warmth of a family tradition!
I recall a unexpected encounter a few years back when a stranger knocked on my door, and offered to buy this particular nativity scene from me. Out of curiosity, I checked online, only to discover that similar sets are listed on eBay for prices ranging from $150 to a staggering $350.
Nope, it stays with me!
My nativity scene is in good condition. My husband crafted a beautiful wooden manger that adds a rustic charm to the display, with soft, golden straw arranged. I sometimes find myself worrying about the possibility of someone stealing it, but if that were to happen, it's on them. After all, it's just a plastic representation of the true meaning of Christmas.
No matter what, they cannot take away the joy in my heart or the salvation I hold dear.
I started pulling out some of the outdoor stuff -
Most of which I plan to get rid of.
These are the pieces I will keep.
I created this piece back in the 90s, and for some reason, it continues to hold a special place in my heart. It’s all that remains of a wooden poinsettia that I carefully cut out and painted, which was adorned with this sign beneath it. I used to display it in my front yard.
Talk soon...
Debby







Debby,
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear the surgery went well and that you got a bit of a discount....Thanks so much for stopping by!!
Hugs,
Deb
Debbie-Dabble Blog
So glad Laydee did well. Hope she heals quickly. How lucky she is to have such loving people (mom and dad)!:)
ReplyDeleteWhat wonderful news about Laydee!
ReplyDeleteGreat news on Laydee! Glad you got a little lower price too.
ReplyDeleteI like your Nativity and your snowman!
Debby, that's wonderful that Laydee's surgery went well. I hope she heals nicely. Your Nativity scene is lovely, and I can see why the man asked if he could buy it. I like the simple wooden bed your husband made with straw. The font on your Merry Christmas sign is delightful, love that. I've never seen those palm trees in your area; I usually see them in So Cal. Your "let it snow" sign is charming, and I'm glad you will keep that one. IHOP sounds delicious.
ReplyDeleteI wish you wonderful December days, Debby.
~Sheri
Sheri, the palm trees are on Hilltop Dr. Starting at around Dana Dr on Hilltop, to Cypress.
Delete
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad Laydee came through the surgery fine!! I love your decorations, especially the awesome manger scene!
Praise the Lord all is well. Praying for you all. Wishing you a Happy Advent. God bless.
ReplyDeleteI am happy to hear the growth is removed and waiting to hear and update. wow on the offer for the manager scene. there are two on our street, similar to this but a little newer. it is rare now to see the manager in yards. I think I have seen about 6 of these on the streets I drive... and lots of skeletons from Halloween wearing Santa hats. gross.
ReplyDeletegood decision to keep yours.
Great news about Laydee and the cost reduction, too, Debby. Thanks for letting us know that all is well. Blessings!
ReplyDeleteThank you Lord, for brining Laydee through her surgery safely. The military discount was certainly a nice gesture, and I can identify with not pinching pennies when it comes to our girls' health. Like Tom said, we made a promise when they were adopted to do whatever it takes to keep them healthy.
ReplyDeleteYour nativity is so dear!
Hello, thank you for the update. HUGS!!! And may recovery go well.
ReplyDeleteMy mom is making me a wooden nativity scene for inside the house. I am so excited to receive it.
Love, Carla
So happy to see that the surgery was successful for your precious doggie. An early Christmas gift for you.
ReplyDeleteLove your nativity scene and the manger just sets it off perfectly.
I love the traditions of Christmas and all the things that I put out that have sentimental value more than monetary.
Sue
So glad to hear Laydee is home and the surgery went well.
ReplyDeleteI really like your Nativity!
That is wonderful news on Laydee. Your nativity is so pretty.
ReplyDelete