Wednesday, October 29, 2025

A Risky Hodgepodge




 1. Are you a risk taker?

Yes.  The choices I’ve made in life were all risks - some worked out and others didn’t. 

 To what degree? 

While I’m not prone to bungee jumping off the Golden Gate Bridge or sky diving, I take risks in other ways that won’t hurt my body! 


2. What's your favorite candy? Would you say you have a sweet tooth? 

Ghirardelli  Dark chocolate with sea salt and Dark Peppermint bark


3. Somewhere you've been recently that had you feeling 'like a kid in a candy store'? 



Humboldt County Coast


Last month or so we were on the coast and in the redwoods. I felt giddy and just happy to take in all that natural beauty. 


4. What do you think is the most effective way to make a positive change in the world? 

By expressing genuine love and compassion to others. Jesus said that the world will know we are His disciples by our love for one another. 


5. Do you like surprises? 

Not really.  I can live happily without them. 


6. Insert your own random thought here.  

5 good reasons to not read the Bible:


1.


2.


3.


4.


5.


41 comments:

  1. Hey Debby. Have you ever made homemade peppermint bark? It's soooooo easy and yummy. I've been on the hunt last week for candy canes, so far only found crushed at TJ/TK Maxx. However, if you haven't made your own yet, wow, wow. So good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great answers! And I love that same candy as you...even though I don't really eat candy, the dark chocolate peppermint bark will definitely tempt me and sometimes I give in. I'm a bit behind in reading here, but am trying to get caught up. Hope you are doing well. I see a beautiful eagle in the pictures below this post, so I probably need to check it out. Have a lovely day my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pamela, I’m behind on my blog reading too. We’re doing well just taking it one day at a time. Thanks for stopping by. 🪷

      Delete
  3. Your #6 is spot on!! The Bible teaches us how to live and it also teaches us about the positive ways of changing the world. I'm not a risk taker...sounds a little boring not to be. The California coast is so very pretty and I do love those gorgeous redwoods.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m inquisitive. 🧐 and like to see how things work so I often (or should say I used to) venture out of my comfort zone to understand. You know, everyone takes risks. But we often take it to mean physical endeavors or financial ones. That’s how I see it.

      Delete
  4. Good stuff here!
    I love the reasons not to read the bible.
    I also like dark chocolate. Add peppermint and that's a bonus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep there is no good reason not to read the Bible. I think of all the persecution to keep bibles out of our hands throughout the ages. Amazing

      Delete
  5. What a super "random" thought! I'm such a cautious, leery sort -- no risks or surprises, please.
    I hope you're feeling some better this morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah no surprises for me although I do like to surprise my family or good friends. That’s fun.

      Delete
  6. Hi Debby, I like your answer to #4!! :-)
    And your random.
    xx oo
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's no excuse for NOT reading the Bible. Have a blessed day, Debby!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with your reasons not to read the bible. Have a wonderful week! Debby!

    ReplyDelete

  9. I'm not a big fan of surprises either. Your coastline photo is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don’t like being the center of attention - I’m a little shy that way.

      Delete
  10. I guess I'm really not a risk taker. I'm quite the introvert and don't like to put myself out there "by choice".
    Really like chocolate but don't crave it. Dave and I have been on an M&M peanut butter candies lately. Unfortunately "you can't just eat ONE"... Very dangerous for us..haha.
    Love #6 too.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh sure you are. We all are! I’m an introvert, and even a little shy but there’s a part of me that is curious and there’s the thrill. It could be anything.

      I like peanut M&M’s. I don’t buy them because I eat them until they’re gone.

      Delete
  11. Oh my gosh, I loved your answers today, Debby, especially that last one. Number 4 was also so special. I am a risk taker, and like you, some things worked out, and others didn't. But I don't fret, cause my story is not over yet. ; ) I will have to try Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate, sounds great! Thanks for the highlighted font - I always appreciate that.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen to that, Sheri. We all take risks in something. It doesn’t have to be bungee jumping. There are risks in getting married, having children, and raising them up.
      I’m such a chocoholic that I have my husband dole out those little chocolate squares one at a time or I’d eat the whole bag.

      Delete
  12. We have driven the entire California coast (two different trips, so broken in half, minus the bit below San Diego) and there is so much beauty there. I loved seeing the Redwoods and pictures truly do not do them justice. I love peppermint bark too. I didn't like peppermint candy as a child, but in recent years I look forward to those flavors and make a couple of Christmas cookies that are lightly peppermint. I don't like it too strong or I feel like I'm eating toothpaste : ) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only part of the California coast I have not seen is the Lost Coast. Very isolated, rough, and no tourists. And is absolutely untouched by developments.

      Delete
  13. Unhappily, a few years ago I discovered that the cause of some pretty bad headaches was my consumption of Ghiardelli's dark chocolate. I've tried it a few times since then and realized dark chocolate, although considered a 'healthier' chocolate, is kryptonite for me! If you lived nearby, I'd give you what comes my way. (smile)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, Barbara that would be a hard pill to swallow. Yeah too bad I’m on the other side of the country so I could take some of the dark chocolate off your hands! Dark is my favorite but I also like good European types of chocolate I’ve tried that just melts in my mouth. I like it all, really.

      Delete
  14. You seem like a risk taker. I love peppermint bark too! That was a gorgeous place you visited - I agree with the eye candy. I am not real into surprises either. I love the reasons not to study/ read the bible.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like all types of candy, but my favorite is dark chocolate. I think I'm an outlier because I do not like sea salt on sweets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sea salt only on chocolate or caramel. Years ago I had it for the first time and was In heaven. Probably because I tend to have a savory tooth. Plus I like salty things.

      Delete
  16. Like reading your answers. :). Great answer to 4!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great answers to all! Am with you on the bible and the chocolate. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great answers to the questions. As far as being a risk taker I can answer yes and no. Yes when I became the youth coordinator of our parish, yes when I became a Bible Study Leader and a definite yes when I taught RCIA and some Adult Education classes for the parish. All were stepping outside my comfort zone.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Jackie I agree that stepping out of our comfort zone is a form of risk taking. When Jesus asked his disciples to follow Him that was a huge risk for them but they stepped out if their comfort zone.

      Delete
  19. I like your answers and you are spot on with your random thought

    ReplyDelete
  20. I agree, I certainly wouldn't jump off of a bridge either. That candy does sound good. I do like dark chocolate. The coast looks so beautiful. Lovely answer for #4. Yes, I don't need surprised either. Love your random.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yes, yes and yes to those candy suggestions!! You mentioned bridge jumping. I remember...I once did that when I was in my early 20s. Not sure that makes me a risk taker. More like a fool. But, funny, I had forgotten about that!?! I enjoyed your answers here this afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Jennifer would you do it again? lol. No that type of risk taking is not my cup of tea!?

      Delete

Thank you so much for being here and commenting. Please allow a few hours for your comment to be moderated.

Only those who have a Google account will be able to comment -


A short Update From My Shasta Home

I thought I’d pop over with a short little update about what’s been going on this past week, if you haven't yet ventured over.  From My ...

Blog Feed from WordPress