1. Give us a weather report from where you live.
Cooler than it has been - in the 50's and some rain is on the horizon.
Does the kind of weather you're having today affect your mood in some way?
No, not at all.
2. Avocados, kale, cauliflower, and cottage cheese have all had their time to shine. 2026 brings us the year of the cabbage. Is this a vegetable you like? If so, what are some of your favorite dishes that call for cabbage?
I like cabbage - it just doesn't like me, so I don't eat it as much as I used to. I do enjoy a slaw and kimchi. Even if I toss cabbage in a soup, it bothers me.
3. Was a Cabbage Patch Doll a part of your childhood?
No.
Or maybe your children's childhood?
No, my boys never showed an interest in dolls.
However, I did have one Cabbage Patch doll during that time in my daycare that captured the attention of all the little girls. (ages 2-4) Unfortunately, the doll's popularity spiraled out of control. Tantrums erupted, tempers flared, and there were instances of biting. After about a week, I removed the doll, and it never returned.
What's a toy trend from your childhood you remember wanting for your own?
4. Something you've spent a lot of time doing lately?
Organizing my house and spring cleaning.
5. Somehow it's the last week of January...sum up your month in just three sentences.
1. January blessed us with generous sunshine and crisp, cold mornings.
2. In the warm afternoon sun, we worked with our dog Laydee, in her mobility wheels, but she ended up not wanting to cooperate, so they were sent back.
3. As disappointing as that was, it didn't take me long to appreciate my yellow daffodils on the hill, totally unbothered by winter and everything else.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
January is wrapping up with a whole lot of waiting for me. Waiting to be called for jury duty, waiting for Laydee to accept her new mobility wheels. None of it went the way I planned, but God was steady in the middle of it all. And just when I needed the reminder, the daffodils on the hill bloomed anyway - quietly preaching that life, hope, and grace keep showing up even when I’m still waiting.
Thanks for stopping by.
Take Care, Debby




Oh no was hope Laydee adjusted to her wheels. I sure wish it was 50 here. I would even take 40 at this point. LOL Am over Wnter. Janice
ReplyDeleteShe finally got to the point to where we could actually see the look of disgust on her face! We took it slow but she wanted no part of it. We waited too long because her front legs are stiff.
DeleteDo you want to go to jury duty? I thought once you hit 70, it was optional. I hope things work out for Laydee. I never heard of a Kissy doll. My sister got a Chatty Cathy. I really did like Barbie Dolls. I had Barbie, Ken, Midge and Allen. I played with them until my mom found out that Barbie was fooling around with one of the guys and then they disappeared! I think I was 11.
ReplyDeleteNo jury duty in California does not end at 70. The state law changed in either 2023 or 2024. However you can get a doctors note and upload it on to your juror profile in your county.
DeleteI had jury duty last year, and as a teacher it was no fun. I was notified on Monday that I would be having jury duty, so I got all my lesson plans done, contacted a sub, and then on Tuesday was notified no jury! Pretty daffodils. Yes, God shows up daily!
ReplyDeleteThat's just rude.
DeleteThanks for stopping by, Tammy
Love the bright sun shiny daffodils. they are a sweet reminder of the goodness all around us. This is a great time to organize and clean around the house... Can't believe January is nearing a end.
ReplyDeleteThey are so cheery. I keep painting more bulbs to my hill - one day it will be covered in lovely daffodils!
DeleteI'm sorry the wheels didn't work out. I don't remember the Kissy doll but I loved my baby dolls. I had one that didn't really do much. I think you could give her a bottle, but I loved dressing her and carrying her around. I still have her and she looks well loved : )
ReplyDeleteThe Kissy doll was made by Ideal and it had a catchy tune. Early 60's. My sister was the doll lover.
DeleteI love seeing your Kissy Doll. I was all about dolls when I was younger but I don't remember a specific name for them.
ReplyDeleteThe daffodils and your thoughts on them are a great ending. I'm ready for January to be done and praying for a little warmth, and maybe a day without snow! :)
Thanks, Mari. My sister was like that as well. I know that I really loved my stuffed animals - and played with them like dolls.
DeleteI guess after awhile, one may but get sick of seeing white all the time - snow fatigue. February should bring some relief.
Too bad the wheels did not work for Laydee. She knows what she wants! I had a Cheerful tearful doll when I was a child and I loved it. I don't know what happened to it but I bought one on ebay several years ago. My daughter loved her cabbage patch doll. She got it for her birthday in July of that year, not Christmas because I was not about all the crazy parents fighting for them!
ReplyDeleteTrust the dog! Lol
DeleteYour daffodils are gorgeous, Debby! And yes, God is with us always, even in the times we're forced to wait. Blessings!
ReplyDeleteI plan on planting more on the hill
DeleteHi Debby,
ReplyDeleteSending a hug regarding Laydee.
I loved your random, thank you.
xx oo
Carla
Thanks Carla
DeleteStay warm, that is good that snow is not bothering you.
ReplyDeleteOh dear, that is a shame that the kids at day care became so obsessed with the Cabbage Patch Doll.
Aww! That is a shame Laydee didn't get on with her mobility wheels.
Yeah it was like a brawl. That doll had to go!
DeleteCool this morning 40F and it rained a little bit during the night. Now its crystal clear and already a balmy 47F.
ReplyDeleteI guess the darkness of the morning gets to me more than the weather. I am really looking forward to Daylight savings time.
I do like cabbage but it doesn't like me too much. A tasty cole slaw once in a while is ok.
No toys in particular but I was passionate about my dolls. Most of them were just baby dolls. I did have a Diddie Doll (sp) that would wet when fed a bottle and a Toni Doll put out by the Toni permanent Co. She had gorgeous blond hair which could be combed and styled.
I have 2 Cabbage Patch dolls that my hubby gave me. They sit in our guest room.
EBay takes up a lot of our time. Too much time ...but if we make a sale its all worth it.
The last few days have been occupied with computer stuff and finishing documents on line. What a pain. Some things never go through and then there are hours spent on the phone to unravel the problems. Sigh ...
My take on the month ...
UP
Down
Sideways
Random thought
I am learning a lot about Trusting the Lord.
Sue
That's sweet you have cabbage patch dolls from your husband. They were cute and I guess if I had three daughters instead of three sons, they would each have one.
DeleteSo cool about the Daffodils! I wanted a Chatty Cathy doll so bad!!
ReplyDeleteI'd see the doll at others homes. Back then we all thought she was so amazing.
DeleteBeing the mother of boys I never bought a Cabbage Patch doll for them.
ReplyDeleteMe too, Kathy!
DeleteI was already an adult when Cabbage Patch dolls were all the rage ... but I wanted one anyway. (That didn't happen -- for which I'm now grateful!) Seeing those daffodils just makes my day!
ReplyDeleteAww, I'm glad they make you happy
DeleteI know I had dolls as a child but none stand out in my memory temps in the 50's sounds cold to me but not too cold
ReplyDeleteYeah it's definitely not warm
DeleteI don't think I have ever heard of the Kissy doll! How interesting! Chatty Cathy, yes, but I never had one.
ReplyDeleteYour conclusions about daffodils are very good! Hope!
She was popular - at least in my area. Had a little jungle.
DeleteI love your hodgepodge answers and I started playing along a few weeks ago too. I love the daffodils. I'm waiting for mine to bloom but that won't be until April. It's been brutally cold and snowy where I live.
ReplyDeleteBy the time yours bloom, mine will be history. I'll be looking for another blooming plant!
DeleteMy sister got a Chatty Cathy doll and I got a Saucy Walker Doll. Getting a doll was a real downer to me as I would much rather had a book or building blocks.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
I don't recall saucy walker - my what names they gave them back then. I preferred records, books, and art supplies
DeleteI had a Betsy Wetsy doll and also a Karen the Answer Doll.
ReplyDeleteCabbage Patch dolls came along when I had kids. My daughter never wanted one.
Lol - I don't recognize Karen the Answer doll.
DeleteI have been so bad getting to posts while dealing with this nasty cold but sure enjoyed my visit here with you!! Your daffodils are lovely! I've never heard of a Kissy Doll but can sure see why you would love her! Enjoy your weather, which is so much better than most of the rest of us (even here in Florida)!! xo
ReplyDeleteOh don't feel bad. I'm backed up with comments and trying to respond as well. Yes I am enjoying the sunshine this afternoon
Delete1. My weather has been close to the same tempatures you are having as well. I would have to say yes the current day after day of overcast and foggy weather does affect my mood.
ReplyDelete2. I like cabbage, slaw or purple mixed in salads. Also cooked as long as it isnt overcooked and mushy.
3. Cabbage Patch dolls came around when I was an adult. I did think they were cute and was amazed to watch the buying craze they created. I wanted a doll that was listed in the Sears Christmas catalog that came with snap on casts for a broken leg or arm and a set of crutches. My mother thought it was horrible so I never got it. Years later i was at a doll show with my mom and there was that doll all still pristine in the original box. I said "see if you had got me that for Christmas it would be worth $150.00 now.
4. Mostly taking care of my mom.
5. Expensive, Car insurance, Car tags and dentist bills this month. Tired of being cold. Went by way too fast.
Cloudy days that go in for days get to me - funny I enjoy cloudy days in the summer.
DeleteLook at your daffodils doing so well in this wintery weather. I enjoyed your answers today, and could relate to some of them. The girls had those cabbage patch dolls, and can you believe they still have them? I don't remember the Kissy doll, what a cutie she is. I've been organizing and cleaning around here too. Can't believe it's almost February!
ReplyDelete**you are so fortunate to still have that French Provincial piece of furniture. The girls had a really nice set growing up, but with with all the moves, I gave it away. I really miss that hutch they had. Yes, you should refinish that piece, maybe for a Spring project?
They are amazing. Always gives me that hope, that spring is coming. Who needs a groundhog???
DeleteThat weather is not to bad. I don't remember the Kissy Doll. Good for you doing Spring cleaning. You want to come here and help me. Sorry that didn't work out for Laydee. The daffodils are lovely. My daughter is going through the waiting of jury duty right now.
ReplyDeleteI always get the spring cleaning urge after Christmas.
DeleteThank you for your patience with Laydee. She is obviously more comfortable without the wheels.
ReplyDeleteGod bless you.
Yes she is Victor. I believe we waited too long so it's back to the drawing board.
DeleteDaffodils are always a welcome sight, their colour is so cheerful.
ReplyDeleteSending good wishes across the miles.
All the best Jan
I love how even in the small disappointments, like Laydee’s mobility wheels not working out, you notice the quiet beauty of the daffodils and the steady presence of grace. There’s something very comforting in that perspective: life moves forward, hope blooms, and joy quietly persists even amid waiting.
ReplyDelete