![]() |
| I was there a good hour before it started. |
Last night, my husband and I attended a fundraiser Gala for a ministry very near and dear to my heart for personal reasons. This crisis pregnancy clinic serves young women and protects the lives of the unborn.
Back in November, I had written about this - how the local Christian community in our area came together to raise one million dollars to buy the building, and another church bought and donated 2 acres to the clinic - outright.
No mortgage and enough operating funds for one year.
A definite God-job!
The clinic will be opening on April 15, Lord willing.
SORRY NO DRESS PHOTO
I really appreciate your sweet requests to see a photo of me in my dress. It means a lot that you care about the little details of my life! However, I have always chosen not to share photos of myself or my family for privacy reasons and to keep this space focused on other topics. I'm not always perfect at sticking to that goal, but it’s something I aim for.
Honestly, after last night’s event, sharing a photo didn’t quite feel right. The evening was all about celebrating life, supporting young women in need, and recognizing the quiet, impactful work being done to help them. I know you completely understand where I’m coming from.

They organized a fantastic silent auction filled with amazing deals! You could find everything from delightful $50 gift baskets to a dream trip to Tuscany, plus some incredible getaways to Hawaii. There were also some fun Bay Area adventures available, like fishing on the bay, sailing, boating around San Francisco Bay, and exploring Wine Country. It was such a great opportunity to snag something special! 100% of everything collected went to the clinic. Someone even paid for the venue there at the Sheraton.
My husband has been volunteering as a coach for young dads, and it’s been such a rewarding experience! After years of discipling Christian women through divorce, the staff has suggested placing me in a similar role, focusing on young moms.
I’m just so grateful for the chance to serve, and honestly, I’d be happy to help out in the baby boutique if that’s where I’m needed. It’s funny to think that I used to work in the infant and maternity department at Macy's—a little blast from the past!
I can't believe I only have about 7 weeks left in my leadership role with BSF! I'll spend a week with the kids, take a break for Easter, then I'm off until September. It feels like the right time to transition into a new ministry over the summer with a 6-month training program ahead.
In the end, it made me realize that fussing over my dress didn’t matter as much as the real purpose of the evening.
ON THE HOMEFRONT
We've been having such a lovely, warm spring lately - hitting the high 80s. And 94 degrees at my place yesterday. We still have a bit more of our rainy season, though, which starts to taper off in April.
Last night, we had a little frog right under our bedroom window, croaking away all night long! I was so tired that I actually slept right through it, but it reminded me of what I wrote about yesterday - regarding how wildlife responds to the spring equinox. This morning, I woke up to the delightful sound of even more birds chirping at sunrise! It’s such a beautiful reminder of the changes happening in nature.
It's truly a wonderful season, isn't it?
Until Next Time,
Debby


Wow on the donation of the building and some land. This is a HUGE wonderful thing. I get that about not showing yourself. I respect whatever you decide. Though I also get how the readers that have come to know you, also would love to see it. But I respect your privacy and understand that side. Very cool either way.
ReplyDeleteThanks Ivy. I'm glad you get it. I posted a photo of me about a year ago - on the about me page but it bothered me so much, I took it down. Lol.
DeleteThe raising of cash for that nice building blew my mind. Of course they will have property taxes to pay but no mortgage.
I really get that for sure. There was a job I was interested in and part of the gig is to have our photos on their job site with our names and for me, that is not comfortable. At all.
DeleteNo mortgage is just a wonderful, wonderful thing.
Sounds like a wonderful fundraiser, and so many great silent auction gifts. We also have a variety of silent auction gifts at our fundraiser in April. I am loving the red touches on the table. It's getting warm in your area already. It's warming up here too, although it's still in the 30's early mornings. Oh, those frogs annoy me so much, and I always try to figure out where they are coming from and shooo them away. I'm glad to hear it didn't bother your sleep. I have to remember they were here first and be more patient. ; ) That will be great when this clinic opens in April. Have a restful weekend, Debby.
ReplyDeleteActually they were hot punk but really nice.
DeleteThat's funny that the frogs annoy you. Seems like since our pond fish are gone, the frogs have taken over. They're everywhere! And dud you know the little tree frogs, poop on the side of our house? I was wondering what it was. I have to constantly wash down the siding. Fortunately they don't do this all the time. Their active pooing is now - in the spring. What fun! 💩
Lol, hot pink
DeleteI hope lots of money was raised at the Gala. I also hope that you enjoy your newest ministry with them.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
I do, too.
DeleteIt truly is a wonderful season Debby and I am enjoying every moment of it. I have often wondered if I share too much information on my blog in regards to family...I need to seriously think about this. I want you to know that I do respect your decision and the reasons why not to share your photo. What a fabulous blessing for your area to have this facility and for all of you who volunteer. I pray blessings to continue for the many unborn children and their moms. thank you for sharing..
ReplyDeleteThank you, Shug. I remember when my youngest son was in the Navy just after 9-11 and he was deployed to the Persian gulf twice -they were not allowed to tell anything. I belonged to a Navy Moms site, and us moms just couldnt help ourselves - always wanted to over share. Our service members can get into big trouble. Loose lips, sink ships!
DeleteI also have a couple of former in-laws I don't want finding me. Very bad people.
What a wonderful mission!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful event! I'm glad it went so well and you raised money for this great cause. I love that your hubby is mentoring young men, it's so important.
ReplyDeleteI understand you not wanting to show your photo. It's something for all of us to think on.
Yes to Spring!
My church supports the local women's clinic. I understand the work involved and know the clients there will be blessed with you and your husband in those leadership/mentoring roles. How wonderful to have the building and land gifted to such a great mission. Thanks for sharing this with us.
ReplyDeleteI could actually feel the joy and hope in the words you penned here, Debby - your passion for this mission knows no bounds! May God bless every effort to save the lives of the unborn and guide the women into a lasting relationship with the Lord because of people like you who showed them love and mercy. Blessings!
ReplyDeleteI am so happy that all the money was raised and a building and funds for a year,. That is wonderful. I understand the privacy thing, maybe a photo of the dress hanging on a hanger or laying on the bed? or not. glad it was a huge success. about the frog. we have very loud Cuban frogs, the kind with sucky feet, they cling to everything, like once on my chest. ov very! one night the male was on the rain barrel calling out to his lady love. right under the bedroom window. at midnight, I took the flashlight and went out to the barrel with the broom in my hand, ready to send him to meet his maker. He sat staring at me with his big bug eyes and I left him there and went back to bed muttering about his racket...
ReplyDeleteSuch a great event (it sounds like it). Wishing you a lovely Sunday my friend.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for all your good works.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
What a wonderful event and such a success it was. I know they thank you for all you do. Blessings.
ReplyDeleteHow interesting that part of your 'qualifications' for this new ministry is a history of working at Macy's in the maternity and infant department! Our Lord sees that nothing goes to waste!
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like a wonderful evening and must have made everyone so very happy.
ReplyDeleteI love that every blogger comes up with what makes them feel most comfortable. I used to post quite a few photos on my site, but have cut back in favor of appropriate clip art or snapshots of things. (Like a beautiful dress, for example. 😀)
ReplyDeleteWhat an amazing initiative ... supporting new Life. You're so right about the focus being on helping others and not what someone might look like. I'm so glad this event was a success!
ReplyDeleteA wonderful and very successful evening... and yes, Spring is truly a wonderful season.
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan
It sounds like a wonderful evening. How nice of you to attend. That is wonderful news about the clinic. How nice that you coach young dads. It is wonderful what you do for your church. I'm glad you slept with the frog croaking. It is however fun to hear them.
ReplyDeleteOh, what a wonderful story about the "gala". I didn't know it was for something so very special and a blessing to so many young women and men...and their babies. What a powerful ministry. I am happy you are going to be a part of the ministry there.I know God will use you in a mighty way. Thank you for sharing this with us. And yes, the birds are singing so beautifully these lovely spring days. They know this is the season that the Lord has created for them to bring about new life as well. (((HUGS))) to you, because I just read your more recent post about Laydee. My heart goes out to you today....
ReplyDelete