Tuesday, May 19, 2026

A Different Kind of Grandparenting


The Lord directs even the smallest steps.


This morning marked the grand opening and ribbon-cutting ceremony at the NorthState Clinic. There was a prayer for protection, followed by a tour of the facility for anyone who hadn’t seen it yet. Many of the builders, electricians, plumbers, and everyone who contributed to the construction were in attendance.






It all smelled so nice and clean. 

They offer baby formula, brand-new car seats, new toys, and strollers, with all baby equipment required by state law to be new. The clothing is either gently used or brand new. The intake room is equipped with great washers and dryers, and I’d love to work in the boutique, though it seems to be a popular spot. Karen, the head of Volunteers, prefers I take on an advocate role since my husband is already coaching the young fathers.

I probably won't officially start until June. 







Everything is free for the new moms and moms-to-be. 

There is even maternity clothing. 














 

Directly across the street from this clinic is the Women’s Reproductive Health Clinic - a facility that performs abortions every Wednesday. That reality wasn’t apparent when they first looked at the building, but once known, it became an important part of how they understood the work God had placed before them.


That’s why the Christian community here, along with neighboring towns from all denominations, has come together to support this. 


In this season of our lives, God has gently filled the spaces we once thought would stay empty. Instead of grandchildren to hold, He’s given us little shoes to straighten, tiny outfits to fold, and young families to encourage. What a gift it is to stand right here, in the place He’s planted us, offering love and support to the ones who need it most. Our arms may not be full of our own babies, but our hearts are full all the same.


Hopefully I'll see you tomorrow. 

Debby




20 comments:

  1. This clinic will be nice for the new mothers. The clothes and shoes look so organized. And I love those cute little pictures on the wall. It's nice that they offer formula, car seats, and strollers. Those things are expensive for any mom. My heart goes out to the women who will go to the clinic across the street. Many are young, scared, and need someone to talk to right at that moment. I wish more people were there to help them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Debby, your last paragraph brought tears to my eyes. What an amazing thing to be placed here, with the love that God has put in your heart for these babies and their moms. And isn't it incredible that God chose such a location for this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God's on the move and He specifically chose this extra special location.

      Delete
  3. A most special opening ... lovely post and it looks very organised in the pictures you've shared.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful place! I'm happy for you that you get to be a part of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The store was so pretty and so neat and clean. I know it will bring much joy to mothers, fathers, and children alike. Your last paragraph I can just feel. God finally has filled your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so wonderful!! What a blessing it will be to so many!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As I read your words here, Debby, my heart overflowed with love and thanksgiving. This clinic will be exactly the blessing this community needs. May God bless every person engaged in making this succeed and those who come to the clinic for the help they need. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely facility. I'm sure you will enjoy working there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The facility, and its volunteers, will touch many hearts and do many good deeds.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a blessing, this place where hope might flourish. Everything looks so fresh and clean, I can only imagine what new mothers feel when they step inside.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks and sounds lovely. How wonderful to have a store like that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH, what a wonderful blessing! And God's placement of the location is no accident! I am certain He directed that to be exactly there! Praying for every woman who sees your open door and that she will venture inside and be blessed. How wonderful to provide so many gifts of clothing, equipment, etct. for the new mothers and babies. I know you will LOVE working there!!! Really wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for being here and commenting. Please allow a few hours for your comment to be moderated.

Only those who have a Google account will be able to comment -


A short Update From My Shasta Home

I thought I’d pop over with a short little update about what’s been going on this past week, if you haven't yet ventured over.  From My ...

Blog Feed from WordPress