Saturday, August 16, 2025

New Store in Town.




Our latest shopping destination has officially opened its doors, and it's the perfect place to discover all kinds of stuff. 

Ninety-nine farmers from Rogue Valley, Oregon, each invested $10 to create a cooperative. They had no way of knowing that Grange Co-op would grow into a multi-million dollar business, providing services to customers in Southern Oregon and Northern California.

This store is similar to Tractor Supply but larger, offering everything for a sustainable farm and ranch lifestyle. You'll find supplies for beekeeping, feed, and tack for various animals, including horses, cattle, sheep, goats, hogs, and poultry. There's also a pet section with quality food and supplies, plus a great selection of wild bird food to attract birds to your backyard.

The store offers unique gifts and holiday items for everyone, along with stylish patio furniture, barbecues, and outdoor games for outdoor enthusiasts. There's also a variety of clothing and footwear for the whole family, making it a convenient one-stop destination for farmers and ranchers.





They had some nice items - 






I liked these decorative bowls.







Unique Plants







Succulents 






This one is called a mint chocolate chip plant.

Manfreda undulata









Scratching post for cats -My cat, Susie, has a climbing post that resembles a vibrant 🌵 cactus, though it’s starting to show signs of wear and tear. She also has another post designed to look like a lush palm tree 🌴, providing her with plenty of opportunities to stretch and play, which is important for an indoor cat. 









This gray and white one is stunning!

But nope, she's perfectly happy with the three she already has. Still, there's something fun about browsing and seeing what is out there. 


After browsing, we went to Black Bear Diner for lunch. Nearby, a cute couple had a 9-month-old baby boy. After settling the bill, I decided to buy a playful bear bib for their little one. Without grandkids of our own, we enjoy spreading kindness to young parents. It’s nice to bring some joy, especially since acts of generosity feel rare these days.




About the Social Security Administration 

Next week, we're returning to Social Security. I have many questions. After the initial excitement, I began to reflect on the injustice of it all.

How did such a significant oversight occur, and what could have led to this situation? 

I anticipate evasive answers, but I have the right to ask questions. They shortchanged my husband for years, and then when they found the error, they continued to withhold his rightful payment until 2025. That feels criminal. I'm grateful he visited our congressman's office; they reacted with disbelief and advised us not to spend the money yet. We'll keep it in a separate savings account.

Honestly, this should make every person on Social Security pause and reconsider—are they really not taking advantage of you? It’s definitely something worth thinking about!


If this were a private entity, they’d be out of business. I just want to know: how can I trust that in a couple of years you won’t claim we’ve been overpaid and start deducting funds?

I want to confront them face-to-face. What right did they have to keep that from us? What if we had needed it? It's a racket.

Imagine the amount of money they could have saved if only they had gotten it right from the start! It’s frustrating to see such a lack of competence in our government from an agency that should be trusted. 


That's a wrap for me! Wishing you all a fantastic Saturday evening filled with fun and relaxation. Enjoy every moment, and here’s to an amazing Sunday ahead!


Debby

32 comments:

  1. Our Co-ops here on the prairies of Canada (not sure if they are anywhere east of Manitoba) allow us to pay to be members. As a member we are part owners and get rebates every year. Love that grey cat tree.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the concept of a co-op. That sounds like Alaskans getting a sizable dividend check every year. I have friend who moved to Alaska several years ago now and they enjoy that extra money every year. They love it there.

      Delete
  2. I am thinking you may need to search out a specialized lawyer that would handle this about social security to find out if it is even correct

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately it wouldn’t be cost effective to obtain an attorney simply because SSA is a sovereign immunity, which protects them. The old idiom, “you can’t fight city hall “ just means regular people are unable to overcome the bureaucracy.

      This where putting our complete trust in the Lord is everything and not let fear take over. But I still want them to know, I’m mad about it.

      Delete
  3. It looks like a great place to shop!
    That SS situation is crazy. I hope you get more answers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably not. A good lesson to trust in Jesus not our social security.

      Delete
  4. I would love to shop at this place! It looks like a high-end gift shop. And the plants!!! Hoping you have your list all written out and ready to go when you get to the S.S. office.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only three questions. I know I won’t get answers but it will feel good to me to just ask. And then keep trusting God for our “security “

      Delete
  5. The Co-op looks an interesting place to browse.
    I hope you get some answers about your Social Security payments. Often, money is withheld so that interest can be accrued, which should be the recipient's by rights.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a nice shop. Plenty to see and buy.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plenty to see for sure. I’m careful when I shop. We only spent just under $20 and it was for the dog and the cat!

      Delete
  7. That is really cool about the co-op. As for SS, you will not get the answers you are seeking...sadly, I personally believe it's all a scam, SS is spent on other things such as other countries etc. More like robbing Peter to pay Paul. You know, like paying taxes on a house you already own etc. Sigh...keep us updated, please. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  8. We've had to meet with the SSA in person on several occasions and fortunately, everyone we dealt with was both courteous and helpful. I'm hoping it's the same for you, Debby. And yes, that's good advice NOT to spend any of the "windfall" until everything is straightened out. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes same here. I used to be my step-daughter’s payee. They were always helpful. Plus the paperwork is not completely clear as to the dates. I want more clarification. We’re going in tomorrow as soon as they open.

      Delete
  9. I hope your trip to the Social Security office is successful. Around here you must have an appointment to go in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here we’ll be there before they open, go in, register and wait to be called. There are appointments as well.

      Delete
  10. I'd sure enjoy browsing around in that store!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am loveing the bee trivet in the photo.
    I am glad you are questioning the underpayment. When you posted about it the other day one of my thoughts were what if they come back and say it was a mistake and why was this missed for so long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After the initial excitement, I started thinking. 🤔 It’s a lot of money.

      Delete
  12. I saw many things in the photos that look so neat at this new place to shop. Love the succulent plants for sure. Sadly, we have to just trust the SS system....not knowing if we are getting what is fully ours or not. Hope you find answers..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m just concerned the large deposit they made and the ones scheduled to come are a mistake and we’ll have to pay it back. I just hope it really is the “windfall” we first thought.

      Delete
  13. I have missed the recent posts, so I am not aware of what is going on with your SS. I will have to go back and look at previous posts. Thank you for your kind comments on my last post,and that you had sensed something wasn't right and you were praying. I so appreciate that. That shows that we are a true "family" here, many of us linked by God's Holy Spirit, and He lets us know when others are hurting or in trouble and need our prayers. Thank you so much. Oh, that store/co op looks like a fun place to shop! We have a Tractor Supply in the next town, but that's about it. Still, I enjoy browing around in there and do some Christmas shopping there every year. Take care my friend. I'll be praying for you as you talk to "the feds".

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the idea of this co-op ... and what a draw! That's so sweet, you buying a bib for that cutie "just because." Thank you for sharing your husband's SS debacle; SS should not get away with it. Grrrr!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The savings we incur for not having grandkids, we can afford to spring for a little something now and again for others we do not know with little ones.

      Delete
  15. We do shop our local Tractor Supply in town by us, but how wonderful you now have this co-op to shop at. Hopefully the SSI will get straightened out for you and you find the answers you re seeking. Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Tractor Supply too. They have good garden stuff and I've bought tops there and my garden sloggers.

      Delete
  16. This sounds like a neat store. I'll have to check it out sometime. The scratching posts for the cats are very nice. The sunflower one reminds me of you. The decorative bowls are really unique. Sounds like they have a variety of items and even holiday stuff. I love when new shops come to town!

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would love to shop there too. Love the unique plants. Good luck on the ss issue.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That new store sounds really nice. So many cute items. So sorry about the SS. I pray that it all gets worked out for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for being here and commenting. Please allow a few hours for your comment to be moderated.

Only those who have a Google account will be able to comment -


A short Update From My Shasta Home

I thought I’d pop over with a short little update about what’s been going on this past week, if you haven't yet ventured over.  From My ...

Blog Feed from WordPress