1. What gives you energy?
Applying the lessons I learn from the Bible and serving Him.
What takes it away? Complacency
2. How often do you shop for clothes?
I always make sure to keep my clothing updated as needed.
What accessory do you always wear?
Earrings are my go-to stylish accessory for any season.
3. What's something free that you feel grateful for?
The gift of salvation.
4. Breakfast, lunch, dinner...which meal of the day do you enjoy most?
I really enjoy a hearty breakfast out. I rarely make big breakfasts anymore.
What's your go-to comfort food?
My favorite comfort food has always been Mexican cuisine.
5. This week the world remembers the tragic events of 9/11. Do you mark the day in any way?
Matthew Flocci 9/11 Pentagon Memorial
If you could, pay him a visit.
Thank You.
I often think about a friend - Shelia, from my Navy Mom group, whose son, Matthew, died at the Pentagon. On that day and in the days that followed, I’ll never forget how frantic she was in her search for him. It was surreal to witness someone going through such a traumatic experience up close yet physically far away. The heartbreak continued for her in the years that followed, as he was her only son. This amazing woman supported me after my son Michael's death. Both she and her husband have since passed away.
I will always remember her and her son on 9-11.
How do historical events shape your perspective on your personal challenges?
In relation to 9/11, it’s fascinating how something that happened 3,000 miles away can feel so close yet unite us as a nation. Although this world seems vast, we are all very similar; we love, we grieve, and we collectively share in the tragedies that occur around us.
6. Insert your own random thought here.


I don't think anyone who's lost someone to a tragedy ever forgets or really regains full balance. So sad, so young.
ReplyDeleteYou are so right. It’s unimaginable
DeleteI love your random thought today. We had our Bible study at church last night and that is exactly what we talked about!
ReplyDeleteWow. Then that random thought was just right:
DeleteMay we all take stock and reflect on what was done to us on 9/11 Patriot Day...
ReplyDeleteMany fight for us to keep us safe, and yet the plans of evil got under the radar!
I just pray we are staying close to the Lord, as we so much chaos in this world!
Have a blessed day... Hugs, Roxy
I pray that we never let our guard down and as Christians that we seize this time to draw closer to God - Our Heavenly Father wants all of us. Too many are in between the secular and the sacred.
DeleteSuch a horrible thing that happened on 9/11 and still makes me sad and angry every year! I'm sorry for your friends loss. How horrible that must have been for them.
ReplyDeleteI feel the same way Jeanette. I get sad and mad.
DeleteStopping by from the hop. I didn't even think about earrings as being an accessory! I said my wedding ring because I always have it on.
ReplyDeleteAnd I didn’t think of my wedding ring either. Thanks for dropping by.
DeleteI appreciated your #5. And your random. Continuing to pray for our nation.
ReplyDeleteI like to wear earrings too. :-)
Love, Carla
We have to keep praying for our nation.
Deleteit hurts the heart even now to hear that your friend lost her son in the 9-11 disaster. So glad you could comfort each other in your dual losses.
ReplyDeleteAfter it happened both her husband ended up with all sorts of medical issues and died a few years later. I don’t believe they had the strength or will to go on, we thought their only child. Very sad. Shelia wasn’t that much older than me and she’s been gone about 10 years.
DeleteI enjoyed your post today, Debby. I am sorry about the loss of your son Matthew. Our weather has cooled down this week, but you know So California can be a roller coaster with heat.
ReplyDeleteHi Susan. Thanks for visiting today! We had a big thunderstorm this afternoon with quite a bit of heavy rain. It was glorious. But the forecast is sunny, clear and back into the 90’s again. I knew it was that fake Fall. It was nice though.
DeleteI agree with you about the Bible and salvation. Men died I believe in 9-11 because of our freedom. Freedom is not cheap. I am saddened by your friend whose son died.
ReplyDeleteI like a hearty breakfast too. Do Debby - your favorite food is Mexican? I like it, but I am not sure what my favorite is.
I grew up on Mexican food and homemade tortillas. The mexican mom next door used to make them and pass them out to us kids - warm corn tortillas with butter. Delicious to me still.
DeleteBeautiful answer for #1. I'm glad you enjoy earrings. I keep the same ones in all the time. Yes, breakfast is nice out. We do breakfast a few times a month. Glad you enjoy Mexican food. It's delicious. Your 9/11 is such a sad story and to think how many more were experiencing the same things. What a sad time for our country. I will go and visit Matthew.
ReplyDeleteIt’s a day I’ll never forget and like my parents had Dec 7 when Pearl Harbor was bombed, 9-11 is that for me. Still gives me chills when I watch a documentary on it.
DeleteSo sad for Matthew and all that lost their lives on 9/11. I only shop for clothes when needed, but do purchase a couple sweaters just because Christmas each year. Janice
ReplyDeleteHi Janice. I too see Matthew’s photo and am reminded how all of us, those hours and days kept trying to be positive but as each day passed, it was getting more clear. It took awhile for confirmation.
DeleteNumber 3 - AMEN!!! My walk gives me energy!! :)
ReplyDeleteKaren, I knew you would say that! ๐ถ
DeleteI don't often indulge in a big breakfast "out", but it's right up there in my list of favorite things. One of my favorite quotes about 9/11 goes like this: "What separates us from the chaos is our ability to mourn people we've never met." Amen!
ReplyDeleteI love a good omelette out.
DeleteVery good quote.
I love your last quote. So very sad about both your sons!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Ginny
DeleteGreat answers
ReplyDeleteThank you Jo-Anne for stopping by.
DeleteThank you for visiting my blog today and commenting! I feel unfinished without my earrings! Fun questions and answers! I offered a prayer for your friend and all who were lost during 9/11. Hugs.
ReplyDeleteAww thank you for that Terri.
DeleteI'm sorry for your friend's loss and your own loss too. A parent in the school where I was Director at the time, lost her brother in the Pentagon.We had a friend with a business in the WTC. It was a very trying time, and sadly the world is still so full of hate and turmoil. I truly don't know how anyone navigates planet Earth without faith in the one who has a perfect plan for our lives.
ReplyDeleteThat’s just terrible, Joyce. I had a gal who was a flight attendant for United who switched her flight and she knew everyone on the plane that crashed in Shanksville. She ended up having a nervous breakdown because she felt guilty and couldn’t process it. She’s fine now but I t was a tough time for her.
DeleteI will never forget that day and the tragedy that affected so many different countries that had offices in the towers. A friend had a brother that lost his life, and another friend a cousin.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.