Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4
We're enjoying perfect sunny weather! It’s the ideal time to enjoy the outdoors without being stuck inside cooking. I'm looking forward to our family dinner at my daughter-in-law's house this Friday.
On Thursday, I invited our two single adult kids to join us for a cozy lasagna dinner. It will be nice to connect and share a meal! We'll see them the next day as well. I never have my fill when it comes to my boys.
1. Do you celebrate with family, friends, or by yourself?
Family and whoever needs a family. My middle son has brought home the homeless to our table many times.
2. Do you watch the Thanksgiving Day parade from Macy's in New York City? The appearance of Santa at the end signals the start of the Christmas season. What does the day hold for you?
I don't watch the parade.
For me, the day after marks the joyful start of Christmas! It’s our tradition to bring out the Christmas tree, pack away Thanksgiving, deck the halls, play festive music, and transform our space into a cozy Christmas home.
3. What foods are the hit of Thanksgiving Day for you?
I absolutely love mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, and pumpkin pie! My family enjoys our meals, but we don't overindulge - we never have. We truly savor every dish! I make it a point to avoid leftovers, so I happily box them up to share. However, I always keep a few slices of turkey for my husband because he loves his turkey sandwich.
4. We say grace before and after meals. Is grace a part of your Thanksgiving meal?
It is a part of every meal at our house.
I wish you all a blessed and thankful Thanksgiving Day.
Debby

Wishing you a beautiful day, my friend. ☺
ReplyDeleteHappy Thanksgiving to you and yours.
ReplyDeleteHappy Thanksgiving and enjoy your family and food. I have a heart for the homeless and it makes me happy that your son has brought some of them home for Thanksgiving. I know how easy it is to end up homeless.
ReplyDeleteI do too, Sandra. There was a time I came way too close, to homelessness with my sons. God prevailed!
DeleteRe leftovers-there will be three of us for dinner on Thursday, and I try to have enough left over so we can each recreate the meal on Friday.
ReplyDeleteI don't like the turkey smells in my refrigerator, so we put any leftovers in the garage fridge.
DeleteSounds like some fun days ahead for you. I'm also a lover of mashed potatoes and stuffing. Good thing they are not around every day. :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Thanksgiving!
That wouldn't be good for me either
DeleteHappy Thanksgiving
ReplyDeleteYou, too Kathy
DeleteGrace is always said here for meals, not reserved for Thanksgiving only, Debby. Enjoy the day with your family!
ReplyDeleteI was hoping to have our Christmas tree up by now, but I have been sick, so my day will be Friday also if possible. My son is starting to get sick now. Have a nice Thanksgiving. Loved your answers! Have a nice week.
ReplyDeletehttps://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/
Oh no. I hope your son doesn't get sick.
DeleteWishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you can have a family time and share food, laughter and just being together.
We'll be at our older sons for Thanksgiving. Glad our one granddaughter and her hubby will be there and also Karen (our daughter from a different mother) This will be her first holiday without her Mom. Its Bittersweet and hard to believe its been 3 months since she passed.
I love all the traditional foods of the season and hope there are some leftovers for Dave and I to have another day. I do miss the fragrance of turkey wafting through the house.
We always say grace and share what we are thankful for. Its a tender time for us as a family.
Sue
Time goes so swiftly - wow 3 months! I'm glad Karen will be with you all this holiday. That's what it is all about.
DeleteI hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving! And I know you are thankful every single day, too.
ReplyDeleteYes, very grateful. God is good.
DeleteSome of the best turkey I've enjoyed was consumed cold -- between two layers of dark bread with mayo. Happy Thanksgiving!
ReplyDeleteTrue. I remember as a child, going on a outing with my friends mom, the Friday after Thanksgiving, and she packed the best turkey sandwiches, I ever had. She made a garlic mayo and I hadn't had that before. Now, that opened me up for other tasty spreads on a turkey sandwich, like pesto! Yum.
DeleteWe are like you and say Grace before every meal. When Kurt and Kris are home they take turns saying it. I hope your holiday is just wonderful, full or joy, love and peace.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
Thanks Jackie. I'm sure it will be wonderful.
DeleteHope you have a very happy Thanksgiving.
ReplyDeleteGod bless you and your family.
Thank you, Karen and the same to you.
DeleteHappy Thanksgiving to you and your family. I have been Christmas decorating today. I change over the kitchen after Thanksgiving.
ReplyDeleteThat sounds like fun. I'm sure it is looking very festive at your home. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.
DeleteI agree with you - good food and family.
ReplyDeleteYep, that's what it's about.
DeleteHappy Thanksgiving to you and your family.
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan
We watch the Detroit parade. Then travel to my sister's for Thanksgiving dinner. It is all about family. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. Janice
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you had a beautiful Thanksgiving.
ReplyDelete