Excuse this post as I am using my iPhone. Electricity keeps flickering. Today we had an atmospheric river sit over what seemed like our house for hours which has resulted in severe flooding in many areas. I’ve never seen such rain. Buckets full.
I-5 flooded - it looked like a river. Every creek is swollen and at flood stage.
My friend, Brenda’s house is flooded. We’re okay but our yards are flooded and the patio - just inches before the sliding door. The sump pump went out due to a circuit breaker and blew out electrical to all outside outlets. He had to plug the sump pump in the house, but we can’t close the slider door because the orange exterior cord is too thick. So we had to jam a wood handle in the jam of the door frame to keep it locked and to keep Susie inside. Crazy.
We are surrounded by flood waters - so are both sons. May not be able to get to work tomorrow. Creeks are swollen and there’s already been one storm related death.
I’m writing this from my iphone - so no fancy post! Red Cross has opened up one shelter but roads to the shelter are flooded. No pets allowed so I doubt many people will go.
Electricity keeps going out. What a day!
Prayers for all those who have severe flooding and those who are stuck. concerned about farm animals as well. I’m tired - repeating myself. I’ll try and get some sleep if I can. Just want it to stop raining at least during the night.
Fun fun 🤩

My goodness, how awful for you all. I hope further fatalities can be avoided and that life can return to some semblance of normal.
ReplyDeleteI am praying for you and your family. Take care. God bless you and protect you all.
ReplyDeletePraying, Debby!!! Stay safe!!!
ReplyDeleteSending prayers to you and everyone along the west coast.
ReplyDeletewe are watching this flood on TV now and this was a shock when it popped in my feed. Praying for you and your family for safety and courage and strength. thanks for letting us know, everyone will pray as soon as they see this.. Beau is the reason we rode Milton out.. they allow dogs in crates only and the crates have to be in one room all the dogs in one room. Imagine the chaos. also, the school that is our shelters is .6 of a mile from our house so it will be in the same dangers as we were.
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh, I got this phone call last night, and it surprised me, cause I never got one before. And my son was working, so it concerned me a bit him driving home. But he said it wasn't too bad. I'm sorry to hear about your friend, Brenda's house. And I hope no damage was done to your home. You really did some creative thinking with the lock and keeping Susie safe. Keep us updated. Lots of rain here too.
ReplyDelete~Sheri
How terrifying! Lifting my prayers for you and your sons ... and all in the path of this storm!
ReplyDeletePrayers a-coming Debby. Wow, I had no idea it was that bad up your way. We do have rain here but its been mostly off and on.
ReplyDeleteThe weather people are now saying there will be high winds by tomorrow noonish...and possible flooding. Getting our candles and battery operated lantern out and ready keeping our phone charged too.
Praying that you home will remain safe and so very sorry about your friends home.
(((hugs)))
Sue
Oh NO! I'm so sorry! And as my mom used to always say "It couldn't happen at a worse time!" Stay safe my friend.
ReplyDeleteHow terrible. I am so sorry. I hope the waters go down and you get some rest.
ReplyDeleteMy goodness, how awful for you all.
ReplyDeleteSaying a prayer for you, and everyone who may be affected.
Take care and stay safe.
All the best Jan
How awful for you all. Have said a prayer for all.
ReplyDeleteOH MY! I am SO sorry you are going through all of that, and especially for those who's houses are flooded. Praying for the waters to recede and for you to be safe and sound and high and dry. And here we sit with NO rain for months of any significance. Just crazy. Praying for all of you now. (((HUGS)))
ReplyDeleteThis sounds so terrible
ReplyDelete❤️
ReplyDelete