Liberty and Guardian have been getting ready for weeks - getting the nest built just right, and Liberty has been eating well.
Liberty has been in the nest for 2 nights in a row while her mate, Guardian, tends to her every need, so it might be getting close. He brings her food. He instinctively perches himself close to the nest to protect her. When they see each other in the morning, they do what is called trilling, which is a form of communication and affection between the eagle pair.
They continue mating during this, but usually off camera. 😮
Birds do it, bees do it
Even educated fleas do it
All of this is normal behavior for Liberty and Guardian as they approach egg-laying.
They know what they're doing.
💓
Bald Eagles engage in an aerial courtship display, where they will fly together and lock talons mid-air, before falling towards the ground and releasing just before impact.
Spectacular if you are fortunate enough to witness this.
Stay tuned...

Lets hope we have eggs this year with eaglets growing up to be just like their parents. Fingers crossed for them. Janice
ReplyDeleteI always get a bit anxious after all, Liberty is not a young chick anymore.
DeleteI hope fertilized eggs and eaglets are in the air this year.
ReplyDeleteWe never know from year to year. I hope they are able to grow their family without issues this year. Seems the last couple of years there's been heartbreak.
DeleteThanks for the update. I hope we have baby eaglets this year!
ReplyDeleteI do too!
DeleteI didn't know all that information about the eagles - it was extremely interesting. I love eagles. They are just gorgeous and strong birds.
ReplyDeleteI've learned so much about eagles because of these two.
DeleteI'll be sure to stay tuned, Debby. What a gorgeous, majestic pair of birds! So glad the Bald Eagle is our national bird. Have a blessed day!
ReplyDeleteYeah it could have been a turkey!
DeleteThis is so exciting. I can't wait to see the eggs and future eaglets.
ReplyDeletePraying things will be successful this time.
Sue
Watching them this closely does invite us to see all aspects - the good and the heartbreak. Praying for success.
DeleteWhat fun, and se sweet and interesting!! I think this should be required in schools!
ReplyDeleteThe schools here include the children as part of their curriculum by taking field trips and they get to name the baby eaglets.
DeleteI do hope there will be baby eaglets this year ...
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan
It will be fun watching them again.
ReplyDeleteTogether they have hatched many eaglets in the area.
DeleteHere is hoping that the eggs hatch. I love watching the eagles.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
I do too. Before moving here I had no idea I would be an eagle watcher!
DeleteExciting stuff, to be sure! That's neat that Liberty shares its name with that now-famous star of the Super Bowl commercial. I loved reading of his backstory and rehabilitation.
ReplyDelete?? I don’t know. 🤷♀️
DeleteSo cool and so exciting
ReplyDeleteHow exciting!! Do keep us posted!!
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely
DeleteThey are back. That is so awesome!
ReplyDelete