Things About You
Welcome to Tuesday 4.
This week, you are the topic.
1. What is something you are proud of that we don't know about?
I'm proud of my firstborn son, Michael. Born with a rare bone dysplasia that caused severe dwarfism, his diagnosis came as a shock when I was 23, yet from the beginning, Michael met life with courage and determination. Despite significant medical and physical challenges, he grew into a bright young man who excelled academically, graduated from college, and was preparing to begin his master’s degree when he suddenly passed away from a massive heart attack. Along the way, this remarkable child also led me to Christ. At just eight years old, his simple, sincere faith brought me to Jesus. I am proud of Michael not only for what he accomplished in 25 years, but also for his quiet strength, faith, and love, through which God touched so many lives, including my own.
2. What subject or things are over rated or talked about too much in your opinion.?
There are many things I believe are overrated or talked about too much - but I'm not talking about it.
3. What things and topics should be talked about more often or are under rated in your opinion?
Mental health crisis and homelessness.
4. Are there any things you've changed your mind about in the last few years?
During and after the pandemic, I changed my mind about many things. You learn from what you live, and that was an awful time. Each year I live, another layer is added to the things I won't do anymore.
Thanks for dropping by.
Debby
Thank you for your lovely testament to your son Michael. I am praying for you.
ReplyDeleteThank you also for your other clever answers.
God bless.
Thank you Victor
DeleteI think Covid changed a lot for everyone. Michael was a courageous young man who was taken to early. Janice
ReplyDeleteJanice, I find there is a disconnect in my brain - like a lapse of time where I get confused about the timeline. I hope we never have to go through that again.
DeleteThat's a great testimony about Michael!
ReplyDeleteHe was very special. I knew it then but even more now.
DeleteThank you for telling us about Michael. What a remarkable young man! You, too, should be applauded for surrounding his 25 years with support and an open, loving heart.
ReplyDeleteI miss him. It's been since 2003. He's getting close, to being gone longer than being alive.
DeleteWhat a wonderful tribute to your son. You too did a wonderful job of supporting him during his lifetime.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
Talk about, " on the job training" I used to comment, how back then the pregnancy books and baby care books didn't have anything about this. But you learn anyway. We rely on the instincts God gave us.
DeleteThank you, Debby, for sharing about your remarkable son, Michael, who was wise beyond his years. What a gift God gave you in him! May your day be filled with blessings.
ReplyDeleteYes, he was instrumental in many coming to the Lord is his life.
DeleteThank you so much for sharing your wonderful son Michael with us.
ReplyDeleteThat he was so instrumental in bringing you to the Lord brings tears to my eyes.
What a mission he was on for the short time he was on this earth.
Have a wonderful day. I'm so glad to see crystal clear skies here this morning.
Sue
I'm glad you're enjoying clear skies. You guys have had a lot of fog.
DeleteI enjoyed reading a little about your son, Michael. How wonderful that he wanted to get his masters, and I'm so sorry he passed before he could do that. And homelessness is definitely something to discuss more - it is sweeping the country, and I wish more were involved to help these men and women and children. There are homeless camps that I've seen when traveling to different areas and towns. It's sad. I like your little girl pic with the heart, it's so cute.
ReplyDeleteMental health issues and homelessness seem to go together. It is sad.
DeleteI am so sorry about Michael. What a difference for good he made in his short life!!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Ginny
DeleteThank you for your lovely testament to your son Michael. Something no mother wants to go through at any age. Sounds like a terrific young man.
ReplyDeleteI am glad you shared Michael's story with us. I knew you had lost a son, but not this part of it. He was a blessing from God and you were a blessing to him. I enjoyed reading all of your answers and giggled out loud at a few of them, a needed thing, giggles. COVID changed our lives and we never went back to the normal before it.
ReplyDeleteI was about to say I can't think of anything you might not know about me, but there is a connection to one of your answers. I am proud of myself for the three years I worked in our churches homeless ministry. I learned by spending every other Saturday morning with the homeless, that they are just humans who need love and kindness and the majority of them, are not on drugs/alcohol and they are really good people who had I'll times fall on them changing their lives. I know I was a blessing to them, but they were a bigger blessing to me. they changed the way I view them completely and in fact was homeless when I moved here and slept on my aunts sofa while looking for a job. I just had someone who helped me, most homeless do not have someone
Oh the things I had to go through, just to make sure he had all that he needed. We were pioneers back then (1977) before there were protections and rights! This was before ADA.
DeleteI liked these answers
ReplyDeleteThanks, Jo-Anne Anne
DeleteYour story about Michael makes me think about Dale Evans Rogers book about her daughter, who was born with Downs Syndrome. She wrote the book "Angels Unaware", speaking about how perhaps those with special needs or other physical limitations may actually be "angels unaware"...not really angels, but a special gift to us to bring us to faith and to bring joy to others in one way or another. Thank you for sharing his story with us. (((HUGS)))
ReplyDeleteMy husband gave me that book after Michael passed. I'll say Michael really rocked my world in more ways that one. Life was never the same. I saw things totally different and saw mean, ignorant people that would point and laugh at him That really hurt me as a mom - Now, people are exposed to all types of people and it's much better than it was back then. People can be very ignorant about differences.
DeleteWonderful tribute to Michael.
ReplyDeleteI agree that covid changed many of us in many ways. I lost my husband to covid five years ago this month. I am moved by the story of your sweet son, Michael. Thank you for sharing that with us, Debby. xo
ReplyDeleteThank you for telling us about Michael. My prayers are with you. Thank you for joining in this week! Hugs
ReplyDeleteHi Debby, thanks for sharing about your Michael. I agree with you what you said about homelessness and mental health.
ReplyDeleteThat is a very touching tribute to your son. Having a child with challenging needs opens a different world and not everyone is kind or compassionate.
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing your son Michael with us. I knew you had a son that passed I just didn't know the details. I agree that every year I live there is something else I don't do.
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing about Michael.
ReplyDeleteI agree about the homelessness and mental health crisis. I have always wanted to buy a farm to make into a shelter. I have it all wrote out on how I would have it work/run to help people in need.
I feel gardening and animals can help heal people, bring them purpose.
I'm so sorry to hear about Michael and the fact that he brought you to Christ. ((HUGS)) You are correct on your comment for #3. I also agree that since the Pandemic there are many things we don't do anymore and that has brought me depression.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed your answers and your wonderful tribute to your son.
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan
I enjoyed your answers. What a wonderful tribute to your son!!! I'm so sorry he left this world far too soon.
ReplyDelete