Happy Thursday.
We had a little sprinkle of rain last night, and the roses are so lovely but a bit droopy now, dropping their petals if you walk by! Oh, and guess who was hiding under the bush? It’s Mosey, the neighbor's beautiful male cat! We’re always excited to see him since Susie is inside, but he can be a little shy around us. I’m really hoping to snap a cute photo of him!
I wanted to take some photos of the flowers before the rain rolls in! It looks like we’re in for some cooler temperatures and four days of thunderstorms ahead. We might even see some snow in the mountains! This could be the last beautiful moment before we transition to our nice, stable summer weather.
I can't help but think about the potential for lightning strikes. It’s always a concern.
I have many Irises starting to bloom.
A welcome sight always comes from the flowering pomegranate tree. Such beautiful carnation-like flowers. And I love the color.
The flower from my 5-foot citronella bush.
My sweet Susie has been so attentive these past two weeks! She's been mimicking some of the things Laydee used to do. She prefers to drink from Laydee’s big water bowl. She sits in a sentry position, the same way Laydee used to in the evenings, and even picks toys out of her basket to play with, something I never noticed her doing before. She follows me everywhere, sits with me, talks to me, and brings so much joy and laughter during these days when we miss our girl.
She’s truly been a sweetie.
The Falls, up close and personal.
My husband climbed over the rocks to get this video, so I hope you enjoy it.
I'm telling you, my man, would swim in shark-infested waters to bring me a lemonade! You can't stop a man who is determined to explore and to please. He has sound judgment and wouldn't do it if he believed it was dangerous or that he couldn't handle it. He keeps fit and active, so why not?
All day today, my husband is taking his every-five-year qualifying test for his CCW. He will be gone from 8am to 4pm, so, Lord willing, I should be able to get a lot of things done around here.
Have a great day. See you tomorrow. 🌺
How do flowers greet each other
In spring?
“Hey bud — long thyme no see!”







It's been years since I went to the Burney Falls. They are so full and gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteI just love all the blossoms appearing in your yard. Unfortunately our pomegranate tree is no longer. I do miss the lovely blossoms but not the thorny parts.
Sweet Susie ... she is doing a wonderful job of helping your heart.
We are expecting rain tonight and downpours over the next few days. From the looks of outside it might actually happen and give everything a good soaking.
Sue
Hi Sue, You wouldn't know it was going to rain - today has been sunny and warm. But we know that can change fast when you live near the mountains. The timing of the rain is perfect for our newly planted fig tree and the transplanted calla lilies.
DeleteFirst, what is a CCW? Susie is so sweet! And I believe she really misses Laydee. I have never seen a falls this wide! It is amazing. I have never seen a Citronella bush, or a Pomegranate tree. The Iris is gorgeous! You have so many beautiful flowers that I can't even pick a favorite.
ReplyDeleteGinny, a CCW is a concealed weapon carry.
DeleteThey are really pretty falls that we always enjoy.
Your husband's video is simply awesome, Debby! I love the sound of water rushing over the falls, something we saw many times in our visits to the Great Smoky Mountains. And Susie's change in behavior attests to her love for Laydee and for you as your family grieves together. She is a precious gem! Seeing the flowers were such a treat, too. Blessings always!
ReplyDeleteI like the sound of water, too. Very soothing but very powerful. I've been the Smoky Mountains many times. Beautiful place!
DeleteOh, the beautiful falls. Did you join your husband in seeing them? They are so wonderful in each and every season, and I have been blessed to see them in all. Susie is missing Laydee, and it's nice that she accompanies you wherever she goes right now, as she is grieving. I love to see the blooms around your yard, especially that pomegranate tree when it blossoms. The color is like a blush, so pretty. Enjoy your day doing all the things you need and love to do.
ReplyDeleteI was there but I did not climb out on the rocks at the foot of the Falls. I'm not confident I wouldn't fall and then end up hurting myself to where I'd have to have another orthopedic surgery! No thank you!
DeleteWe used to go up every season but got off track when they shut it down that one year to do some repairs. There was a lot of trash on the way down on the sides - a dirty cloth diaper on the rock wall. I couldn't believe it. We brought up some trash but it's a shame people just litter. I also saw glitter all over which isn't good for the birds.
I'm glad Susie is bringing joy!
ReplyDeleteThe waterfall is beautiful, so are the flowers.
Thanks Mari
DeleteI don't think I've ever seen a citronella flower. They're lovely.
ReplyDeleteIt's interesting how pets change their behavior when one of the family 'pack' dies.
They are very loyal to their family and they grieve as we grieve. She has really helped me through my grief.
DeleteOh, that peachy bloom looks like an old-fashioned Southern debutante's dress!
ReplyDeleteI know next to nothing about felines but feel all of God's creatures' powers of intuition are amazing. What we might learn from them!
Okay, now I'm off to watch your hubby's video!
Enjoy!
DeleteI love. the iris!! Hope all went well for your husband!
ReplyDeleteHe aced it! 🎯
DeleteThat flowering pomegranate tree is beautiful. I've never seen one before! Wow! I loved seeing (and hearing) the waterfall!! Another WOW!
ReplyDeleteThey get messy as all fruit trees are but they have such pretty blossoms.
DeleteThat rose was one of the most perfect roses' I have ever seen!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful flowers! It's amazing how smart animals are. They really do understand when a family member has passed or when something is just different. I'm glad you have Susie to help you get through.
ReplyDeleteThe falls are astounding. Well done, your husband! The pomegranate tree blossom is so pretty - I've never seen one before.
ReplyDeleteSusie senses your sadness and wants to comfort you. She probably misses Laydee, too.
Such lovely flowers and I enjoyed your husbands video of the falls.
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan
Susie knows you are missing your Laydee and is trying to bring you some comfort.
ReplyDeleteSuch beautiful flowers.
God bless.
I love your flowers...the citronella and pomegranate are new ones for me to see. And I love irises, but they don't grow here in Florida. Those waterfalls are amazing! So sweet of your hubby to climb rocks to get those pictures for you. They really are beautiful. And your sweet Susie is certainly being a comfort to you...and to herself as well! I think she misses Laydee and those are her ways of feeling close to her, along with wanting to be closer to you as well. The animal kingdom certainly is amazing isn't it? I'm learning more and more with our sweet Blackie...who is still a "scamp", but a loving scamp. I enjoyed your post. (((HUGS))) to you and Susie too.
ReplyDelete