Wednesday, April 8, 2026

Eggs with a side of Hodgepodge



 1. Egg on your face, putting all your eggs in one basket, a good egg, walk on eggshells, nest egg, or a tough egg to crack...which eggy idiom currently applies to your life in some way? Explain

I'm putting all my eggs in one basket because I have faith and trust in Jesus Christ. 



2. April 7 is National Beer Day...are you a beer drinker? If so, do you have a favorite? Beer-battered fish, beer bread, beer can chicken, beer brats...which one sounds good to you? Have you made any of these? 

I wouldn't call myself a beer drinker, but I've enjoyed a few with certain meals - Mexican food and pizza! Interestingly, my German pediatrician suggested giving me an ounce of beer in a bottle as an infant for colic, and it actually worked—back in 1954!

 

DISCLAIMER- 

It is imperative to refrain from offering beer or any alcoholic beverages to infants or children today. Our understanding has evolved significantly over the years, and such actions can result in serious consequences.

 

As for me, I like beer-battered cod, and I often toss a can of Guinness or any good beer into my corned beef. It really helps to tenderize the meat, plus a dark beer adds such a delicious, rich flavor!


3. Do you have siblings? 

an older half-brother who sadly passed away a few years ago, and a younger sister, 5 years younger than me, and she's been gone for about 10 years now. 


What's the best thing about being your sibling? 

I really couldn't say - I'd only be speculating. 



4. How do you feel about floral scents in products? Do you have a favorite?

I prefer mild natural fragrances for my skin products. 



5. What's one thing in your home that begins with the letter G that you would say is a keeper, something you'll hold on to? Tell us why. 

The GOOD Book is a definite keeper. 

I will hold on to The Good Book in my home because it is the only book truly worth reading and studying,  the one that gives me guidance for life. It’s where I go when my soul needs refreshing, and my heart needs reminding of the bigger plan. I return to it again and again, knowing it is the only truth I can fully depend on.



6. Insert your own random thought here. 




Just a little glimpse of God's handiwork 


26 comments:

  1. Enjoyed all your answers!!! Hope you're enjoying a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I am "a Good Egg" in most groups but I won't be taken advantage of...There was a time that I walked on egg shells around a few "friends" that truly were Not...
    I have to say that I like a good beer once in a while with Mexican food and pizza.
    I used to make a really good beer bread ... it was so dense and tasted a bit like sour dough bread. Its been ages, I think it may have to be made in the near future.
    I'm an only child so I don't have answers for the siblings questions.

    I lie your answer about The Good Book. Me too ...
    But also I would say Grandkids photos and their memorabilia that they have given us over the years are keepers for me. When I am gone they can do with that "stuff" any way they want. I won't be there so its up to them...(:0)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue - I have tasted a beer bread once at a restaurant and it was really good. I'll have to look for a recipe.

      Delete
  3. Great answers! Love that picture of the waterfalls! Magnificent! Oh, amazing what doctors used to tell parents to do in caring for their babies. More amazing that the babies survived! Glad you did! Sometimes I think babies of yesteryear were made of tougher stuff. Our immune systems were more highly developed because we weren't so over protected from dirt and everything else, and we weren't over-vaccinated. We had the basics and nothing more. I'm so glad I'm not raising babies today. I pray for those who are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does seem like children in our day were hardier. We never went to the doctors - and the moms always knew what to do.

      Delete
  4. I enjoyed all of your answers here today, Debby, especially the one about the Good Book. And yes, it's amazing how much we survived life in the 50s, isn't it? No helmets when riding bikes, drinking out of a hose, and so many more! Have a beautiful day, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great answer to the egg question and I like the Good book one, too. Beautiful random photo. Happy Hodgepodge to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The falls are gorgeous! I only like beer in Cooking; like batter or a cheese soup.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed reading your answers and that last image is beautiful.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. God is most definitely the greatest artist! Interesting about the doctor "prescribing" beer for colic. My mom's doctor prescribed a tablespoon of whiskey when she was 18 months old and had pneumonia. Nothing else had worked. The whiskey did. My Baptist grandma said she never again spoke against whiskey. It saved my mom's life. Your disclaimer is truth, though. The times are much different now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, the Good Book! I really like that picture too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Guinness is good for you. Thanx for your interesting answers. I agree about the Good Book.

    God bless always.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful image, that waterfall!
    Like your pediatrician and Terri, 'spirits' was often prescribed by doctors for little ones "back in the day." Thank goodness no-one (to my knowledge) suffered unnecessarily for it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your answer about eggs in one basket - that's the best basket!
    I don't like beer but I do like making things like beer bread!
    Those are beautiful falls.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am not really a beer drinker - just never acquired a taste for it. The Good Book is the best answer there is. Yes, we did things with babies that seems crazy now. Enjoyed your answers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Enjoyed reading your answers. Interesting on that doctor suggesting beer for children. My have times changed. As kids being part French, my French grandparents would give us a small glass of wine for supper. Nowadays they would probably be prosecuted for serving a minor. Wine was a tradition....and now I dont even like it. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great answers to the questions. I have two brothers and one sister all of whom are younger than me. One brother has schizophrenia and is the one I call almost every week.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The waterfall is so pretty. We have a lot of falls near us and enjoy hiking out to them. Each one is unique but all are beautiful. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a good post with wonderful answers! That last picture is beautiful! To God the glory!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Interesting answers to all the questions.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I enjoyed your answers. I'm sorry you've lost both your siblings. I've lost my mom and dad, and my sister (who is 5 years younger than me) and I aren't very close and she doesn't live near me. Sometimes it's hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Kirstin, I'm sorry for that. My sister and I weren't very close either but we were just beginning to heal our relationship when she died suddenly.

      Delete

Thank you so much for being here and commenting. Please allow a few hours for your comment to be moderated.

Only those who have a Google account will be able to comment -


A short Update From My Shasta Home

I thought I’d pop over with a short little update about what’s been going on this past week, if you haven't yet ventured over.  From My ...

Blog Feed from WordPress