There she is -
Not a bad photo considering I took it out the car window at 70 mph.
I don't get to see Mt Shasta from this angle, so it's always a treat. This is the north side of it, and of course, it has more snow.
As we're driving south, it starts out on the right side of the landscape
Then in the middle...
The catchy jingle, "It hasta be Shasta," came from our regional soda brand that began near Mt. Shasta in 1899. Originally launched as a sparkling water, it shifted to soft drinks in 1931. The company made history in the beverage world by becoming the first to use aluminum cans in 1953.
Today
This morning, started in on deep cleaning my kitchen. I wiped down the tops of the cabinets, scrubbed the counters, stovetop, stove, toaster, bread machine, coffee maker, and air fryer until they were sparkling like new. I’m also sorting through utensils and planning to downsize or store some away since I don’t cook large meals in the summer. I'm not finished yet and hope to finish tomorrow.
I still have the garden window, which, for me, is tricky to clean since I have to climb onto the counters to reach all the way into it. Take down the shelves to clean and wash the inside of the windows.
All in all, it was a great day.
That's all I have for this Thursday.
Until Next time...
Debby






Spring cleaning time for sure. I love the mountains with the snow on them - so gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteOh the tops of my kitchen cabinets were bad. I have to stand on my counters and still can't see the top so I used a Swifter with a wet wipe and just kept at it. I still can't see the top.
DeleteThe Mountain is gorgeous! I cannot believe the car was even moving, let alone at 70 miles an hour!!! Truly amazing.
ReplyDeleteI thought for sure they didn't turn out. I just keep taking the pictures and look at them when I get home.
DeleteSo that's where the name of the soda came from. A great catch phrase. Always enjoy when you post pics of Mt Shasta. Such beauty. I cleaned out our hall closet yesterday. Trying to clean out myself as well. Janice
ReplyDeleteI wasn't aware Shasta soda was anywhere except for Northern California.
DeleteYes its the main landmark here, that is seen for miles.
Those photos of Mt. Shasta are breathtaking, Debby! Once again, I can see why you live where you do with all the natural beauty. Good luck with all your spring cleaning!
ReplyDeleteThanks Martha.
DeleteI actually like cleaning, when I get on a roll I don't want to stop.
The photos of Mt Shasta are splendid. What a beautiful day.
ReplyDeleteThank you. It was lovely
DeleteHow nice to live so close and be able to see such a magnificent mountain sometimes! Be careful cleaning that window! I have to climb on a ladder and put one foot into my kitchen sink to wash the window over it.
ReplyDeleteThat's what I have to do - stand in the sink! Its crazy.
DeleteBoy, do I remember It Hasta be Shasta. I think those were the first sodas I ever drank. Hadn't thought of that in years.
ReplyDeleteWow, good for you on doing a bang up job on your kitchen. I remember climbing into the kitchen sink and sitting there to clean the bump out window and all the do-dads on the shelves. What a job but so satisfying when it was done.
Beautiful photos of that magnificent mountain.
Sue
Yep it's definitely a major chore that I do not like at all. Leaving in a bit to help out at the clinic so the garden window is tomorrow's chore! Ugh!
DeleteHow blessed you are to see Mt. Shasta in person. These give me goosebumps!
ReplyDeleteCould you please send me some of your energy? (*grin*)
The energy I have is one cup of coffee in the morning and since its warmer and our low humidity is back, no more joint pain! So yeah, you get energized when you're feeling somewhat pain free! Still have to pace myself.
DeleteThat mountain is a spectacular sight! I greatly enjoy the hills in our area of the Ohio River Valley, but no mountains nearby. Even the Appalachians, within an easy day's drive, are no comparison to your Mt. Shasta! / Congratulations on the spring cleaning of your kichen. That's no small feat!
ReplyDeleteHi Nancy - thanks for visiting my blog.I've been to southern Ohio many times as my mom grew up in Dayton and we'd visit. It's beautiful back there with fond memories. Yeah we all love our mountain/volcano. Cleaning the kitchen in stages with Lord willing, tomorrow as the final day!
DeleteHow beautiful! And what an awesome feeling to spring clean. The kitchen is a big one! Good for you. Have a cozy weekend, my friend.
ReplyDeleteI'm going deep - cleaning out the cabinets cans drawers..big job
DeleteYou took beautiful pictures of Mt Shasta!!
ReplyDeleteYou sure have been busy cleaning the kitchen!!
I don't have open top cabinets so don't have that problem. I too have quite a job cleaning the box window over my sink!!
hopefully I'll finish tomorrow. I have vaulted ceilings so it is what it is.
DeleteIt feels so good to get a room deep cleaned!! Congratulations on the kitchen! Take some weekend time for yourself, though!! xo
ReplyDeleteEven though it is partially done, it does feel good! Oh yes, I' ll take some time in between the cleaning. Lord willing, I will be all done tomorrow.
DeleteI drank a lot of Diet Shasta back in the day. Thanks for the reminder about it.
ReplyDeleteI had no idea it was marketed outside Northern California.
Delete"It hasta be Shasta," ... I like that.
ReplyDeleteI also like the lovely photographs you've shared.
Wishing you a good weekend ahead.
All the best Jan
Thanks, Jan
DeleteWhat wonderful sights you have. Living on the prairies it is mostly either green, or golden fields. Not that I am complaining as we can feed most of Canada from what our farmers produce. I took a break over the next few days and will be starting more spring cleaning probably next week.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
The prairies have their own beauty. I bet it is gorgeous and not something I see. Yeah I wondered where you were. Glad you're back
DeleteGreat phots, I have never heard of Shasta soft drink but I am in a different country
ReplyDeleteI'm not surprised but I am that others knew of it in other states. I thought it was only here.
DeleteBeautiful. Wishing you a lovely weekend, my friend.
ReplyDeleteThanks Linda
DeleteOh, that was beautiful!! The pictures of Mt. Shasta are gorgeous!!! You really do live in some beautiful country!! And I do remember a Shasta Soda, but not the jingle. I don't know that we can get it here now, but it does ring a bell. Aren't you amazing doing all that spring cleaning! Oh, I would love a dose of your energy! I really need to clean the tops of my cabinets too, but it is a major job and I have to go up and down a step stool. It works better if I have someone to hand things down to so I can clean them, and then to have them handed back up to me when I'm done, so I have to lasso my hubby when I want to do that. I have a LOT of decor on the tops of my cupboards. I've thought about removing stuff, but it would really look bare, and that's just not me. LOL. Anyway, I have been dealing with a lot of arthritis pain here lately, and I just can't begin to think about doing that right now. But you do inspire me and I will put it on my to do list for a day when I have some extra energy and strength. Thank you for sharing all of this with us. I enjoyed it.
ReplyDeleteWell I did it! It wasn't easy but I was determined. Now I'm on to my craft room.
DeleteHi Debby, those are great pictures of Mt. Shata! We saw it in the 70's when we were on our way to Oregon to see Crater Lake. We also flew over it in 2006 after leaving Washington headed to Los Angles. We also flew over Mt. St. Helens and there was still smoke coming from the top. I love nature and lots of pictures of trees and mountains. Thanks for triggering my memories!
ReplyDeleteI read recently most Californians don't venture past Sacramento. Their loss.
DeleteOh how funny, I've never heard of the saying 'It hasta be Shasta,' but I do remember that commercial. And it's always a joy to see pics of Mount Shasta. I was just talking to my Seattle brother-in-law yesterday about this Mount Shasta area. That is a lot of cleaning in the kitchen, good for you for doing all of that. It's such a great feeling when we're done. I think that's a good idea to sort through the utensils, especially if you're not using them. I did that years ago, and only have a handful that I use now. Makes it easier when I look in that drawer to grab something. Have a peaceful Sunday, Debby, and good week ahead.
ReplyDeleteI haven't done the inside cabinets yet. I'm moving into my craft room now.
DeleteHow did you take this photo whilst driving at 70mph?
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
I was the passenger not the driver! Lol.
Delete**Yes, I drove to your town last week! I call it the city, cause when I was growing up it was just a small town, and now there's everything, including a mall! I had the best time. I usually just go to all the shops and and try new places to eat, but next time I want to go downtown and see all the new things you are talking about. It was starting to get pretty warm at the end of the day, but it was a great day.
ReplyDeleteYeah I remember as a kid, living in the bay area we would always come up here on vacations. Dad loved the fishing and of course the camping and Redding would be our home base. It has really grown up since those days.
DeleteBeautiful photo. I know that I get some beautiful photos from the car when we drive to Montana. You did great! That's interesting about Shasta. Good for you on the deep cleaning. You can come here next!!!
ReplyDeleteNo, I'll take a pass! 😁
Delete