On Mother’s Day, my son sent me photos from his overnight trip to Blue Tangle Lake in the Trinity Alps.
A lovely, remote lake tucked into a granite bowl with meadows and quiet trails leading down to the water.
We scattered Michael’s ashes in the Trinity Mountains in May 2023, from a helicopter. This year, on the May 8 anniversary, Navy hiked in alone just to fish, and to think. He misses his older brother.
Foodie went camping with a friend.
And what did I do?
I went about my day, keeping myself busy. It ended up being a good day. After all, I’ve got 23 years of experience behind me. And I’d already had my moment a few days earlier, and I was good.
That’s growth. Thank you, Lord.
The sun casts its reflection across the granite mountain.
Navy always shows me his catches...
Some good fishing there.
It was so remote up there that Navy didn’t see another person until he hiked out the next morning. He did, however, hear a few Bigfoot calls…
Of course, he did. It’s the Trinity Alps.







What a lovely place to spend some time!
ReplyDeleteI have to say that area is beautiful and peaceful looking.
ReplyDeleteWhat beautiful photographs of a truly stunning area. The fish was pretty spectacular, too.
ReplyDeleteThe Lake is such a wonderful place of memorial. I'm glad that each of you found your own place to remember and continue to heal. God knows what each of us needs.
ReplyDeleteThat trout looks scrumpcious. I can taste that buttery goodness right through the computer deal.
So glad you got the AC problem solved asap and considering today's prices I think you got a great deal.
I am glad for the cooler temps.
Sue
Beautiful photos and I can almost feel the peace and quiet there. Beautiful. Hooray for an easy AC fix. I dread having to call for AC help. Gotta have it here in Florida. Have a blessed day!!
ReplyDeleteAnd cooler air. So refreshing
DeleteThat first picture is stunning that your son took. ((HUGS)) to Michael for taking that hike in honor of his brother. Sorry about the air conditioner. We are facing some things since our air conditioners are 20 years old. They have been turning on every year but we wait until the last minute to try them. Haven't done it yet!!!
ReplyDeletehubby will be jealous of the fish, I could not breath at that elevation or walk. Everyone had a good day and you had a scare and dodged the bullet. I call that a good mothers day. Bob wants his ashes scattered in the Gulf of Mexico or Ormond beach.
ReplyDeleteI don't know what's going on with Blogger, but this is the first time your post showed up in my Reader. (Right on the heels of Shasta.)
ReplyDeleteWhat an exceptional spot in which to have Michael's ashes scattered! I think I'd like mine cast out to sea like my former husband.
There a handful of blogs that are not showing up on the reader and mine is one of them. I noticed after 1 day I had 5 views. Oh well.
DeleteGreat photos, me and fishing is not a match
ReplyDeleteYour son takes the best nature pictures. wow, 5,000 ft. elevation. That is definitely a beautiful area for some alone time. What a huge fish that he caught! So brave of him for hiking up there alone. And I would lave loved to hear those Bigfoot calls! haha It's been cooler here this weekend, and I've had to put my sweater on!
ReplyDelete