Tomorrow is a significant day for me and many other women as we begin this blessed journey through the Book of Revelations. This first day of "school," we will gather to get to know each other and to prepare for the study ahead. Starting the day after, we will delve into the book at home, engaging in individual study and daily workbook lessons that prompt us to reflect on how the content applies to each of us personally.
Next week, after we have done Lesson One in our workbook, we gather to listen to 30-40 minute lecture over what we just answered. Then we go to our discussion groups to "discuss." which is about 45 minutes. This time goes by so fast! The workbooks include many commentaries from great Biblical scholars from the past as well as from today.
At the moment, my group consists of twelve women. I will provide each of them with a piece of paper containing Revelation 1:7-8. and three questions.
“Look, he is coming with the clouds,” and “every eye will see him,
even those who pierced him”;
and all peoples on earth “
will mourn because of him.”
So shall it be! Amen.
“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.”
In smaller groups consisting of 2-3 women, they will engage in discussions among themselves:
What is the passage about?
What do I learn about God or myself from the passage?
How can I apply this to my life?
Just to get them thinking - Next week, we start getting into the meat!
Last night, my husband went to his men's study group and had a great time. He told me that there was a large turnout, and I'm really excited to find out the exact numbers for this year. Currently, our group consists of 53 individuals, encompassing 23 group leaders; the rest are children's teachers, nursery helpers, and the three ladies who are the Admins. Assuming each leader has 12 women, that totals approximately 240 women. The number of children in our group is beyond my imagination. The group seems to be growing every year, and now even the homeschooling high school-aged children have their own program. It's amazing to see how BSF is supporting the homeschooling community in our area.
If you're curious: you can have a sample lesson sent to your email. https://www.bsfinternational.org/trybsf/
Think of me in your prayers because this will be quite the adventure for me.
Stay tuned...
Debby



Prayers for you Debby but I know you will be fine. My mom goes to bible study every Monday evening. If I lived closer to her I would go with her. Janice
ReplyDeleteSounds like you have gotten into the real meat of it NOW!!! LOVE the questions, too. This study will be awesome, especially with you leading it!
ReplyDeleteDebby....lifting you up in prayer and I know you have worked hard at preparing for this study. Praying the God will fill you with wisdom as you begin this season of bible study.
ReplyDeletePraying that Holy Spirit will empower your teaching. Blessing Debby.
Hope all goes well with the study of Revelation.
ReplyDeleteI would LOVE to do a study in the book of Revelations again. It's been a long time. And I think now is a good time to do it. Jesus IS coming soon, and we need to be ready. Praying for you as you begin this class and the leading of it. May God be with you and guide you each step of the way. I know He will!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great study you are embarking upon, Debby. Wishing you all the best!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful picture and verse. Just said a prayer for you, and I hope you do well in this journey. Nothing better than bringing Jesus' words to life.
ReplyDelete~Sheri