Huge shoutout to Karen from Life is Good for the delightful gift that perfectly complements my little cabinet!
I'm not going to reveal what it is just yet...
Check out these two photos – I've showcased it in two different spots.
Can you spot it? Let the hunt begin! 🕵️♀️
Thank you so much, Karen. That was so nice of you. Every time I glance at my little cabinet on my kitchen counter, I’ll be reminded of you.
Well, THAT sure put a smile on my face this afternoon!

It seems that we're about to experience a shift in the weather, as temperatures are cooling down after a pleasantly warm day. I decided to take advantage of the lovely weather by going for a walk, and I even wore a sleeveless top, enjoying the warmth on my skin. I couldn’t help but think that if I had spent more time basking in the sun, I might have developed a nice glow.
Looking ahead to tomorrow, it appears we might feel even cooler due to the incoming clouds that are expected to blanket the sky. It’s evident that with each passing day, the temperature is gradually descending, signaling a transition.
No rain in the forecast.
I was amazed when I came across a photo of Pensacola, Florida, covered in 8 inches of snow! Wow, I can’t say I’ve ever heard of that happening before!
YESTERDAY
I had the opportunity to work in the children's program at BSF, specifically with the spirited two-year-old class. Each of our nine little ones was as adorable as they come. I am incredibly proud of the dedicated young BSF Moms who have nurtured and taught their children so beautifully. It was truly remarkable to see how much the toddlers already knew about Jesus. Their enthusiasm and understanding filled my heart with joy. Let's remember to keep all these precious children in our prayers, as they represent the next generation of believers in Christ!
And pray for their Moms too!
As I watched them play, memories flooded back to my days running my daycare. My business cards proudly proclaimed that I "specialized in infants, toddlers, and twos," and I truly adored working with those age groups. In my care, I always had a delightful mix: two wide-eyed infants, two curious toddlers eager to explore, and two energetic two-year-olds full of personality. Each day was a whirlwind of activity learning as I guided them along their paths before sending them off to preschool, where they'd embark on new adventures.
I was consistently at full capacity. On top of that, my own three children, added their vibrant energy to the mix. It felt like one big, family, as I nurtured these little ones five days a week, from early morning until the sun dipped below the horizon. Those days were filled with warmth and love, and even now, I find myself dreaming about those precious children as they captured my heart and shaped my life in ways I’ll cherish forever.
I did it for 30 years!
Here's a photo of a younger Beast.
I had to drive "the Beast," our old van, to Bible study yesterday because My husband had taken our car to the dealer because the hydraulic lifts that hold up the trunk were failing, making it difficult to keep the trunk securely open. Fortunately, it is still under warranty, but they have to order the part. It had been some time since I last took it for a spin, and I forgot how smoothly it drives.
That wraps things up for today! Just a reminder, the HUNT is still on –
I’ll be unveiling where the gift is in Friday’s post,
if you haven't already figured it out.
Debby




I think it is the grey candlestick. Very nice, it fits in well. How thoughtful of her!! I think it takes a very special person to be a teacher!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Ginny
DeleteI'm with Ginny - I noticed the candlestick was in 2 spots so that's my guess. So sweet of her to send it!
ReplyDeleteWe have friends in Pensacola right now. They left MI for a short get away from the cold and today posted pictures of them building a snowman on the beach!
Those days with young kids were busy, but oh, so sweet!
Sweet they were!
DeleteWhat a cute gift! I see it, on the top shelf and is tall. Not sure what it is. We have rain on the way and we share need it.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the rain. We’ve been dry for about 3 weeks - beautiful sunny weather but our rainy season isn’t over. Hopefully we get some soon.
DeleteI spotted it. A great gift. Kudos to you for being a teacher to toddlers. Takes someone special to do that. Janice
ReplyDeleteI loved every single one of them as my own.
DeleteI spotted the new thing, the gray candle holder, as soon as the first photo came up.
ReplyDeleteyou deserve a few medals for 30 years of day care with yours and others kids. I would be in an insane asylum. I worked off and on in my aunts daycare, with the 2 year old, but we had 2 people to watch them and 25 to watch. ov vey
I am sure you enhanced the lives of the parents and the children you kept. I do agree with the verse today
Yeah with that ratio, it would be hard!
DeleteI think I figured it out, but I'm not exactly sure what it is. I'll be looking to see if the answer. I know you were great at running your day care. It does take special people with a loving, caring spirit to do a job like this day in and day out. But...oh the Blessings that are there in helping children grow. So very special.
ReplyDeleteI miss it at times
DeleteHi, I think I have it figured it out. I think it is the candlestick. :-)
ReplyDeleteI appreciated your post today. "The Beast" made me chuckle.
It was pretty easy. Glad I made you chuckle
DeleteWhat a sweet thing for your blog friend to do! I can see how that made your day!! It would make my day, too. Working with very young kids for thirty years is impressive! The kids you watched were lucky to have such a good-hearted, lovely woman watching them :).
ReplyDeleteAww thank you. It was my pleasure and there are times I miss it. It really was a lot of fun. I used to tell people that, I played for a living!
DeleteYes, I think I know what it is, Debby. And as Shug said above, it does take a very special person to work with the wee ones. What a blessing flowing both ways!
ReplyDeleteYes it was. I enjoyed it very much!
DeleteFirst of all, I LOVE that little cabinet! Where did you get that? It is really sweet, and wouldn't it look good in my doll house? LOL. I can't really tell the size of it, but it sure is cute. And yes, I think the gray candlestick is the gift, right? It looks like it would match an antique crock that I have...really unique and beautiful! Love the whole thing! Now, Yes, I commend you for being a child day care home provider for so many years...What a blessing for those young children and for their mothers to know that their babies were in your care! I admire you for doing that. That would not be my area of expertise for sure, but I did enjoy taking care of my own three boys until they all went to school and then I went to work in schools too so we could have the same schedule. I'm thankful I was able to stay with my children during those formative years. We weren't rich by any means, but we were rich in love and time together, a gift that I cherish. I hope you enjoy your upcoming weather. It's been downright chilly here in Florida! No snow here, but it was predicted and it could've happened. Brrr...
ReplyDeletebye for now.
Early Childhood Education was my passion and when you do something you love it’s never boring.
DeleteIs that a candlestick? I think Blogland boasts the most thoughtful citizens.
ReplyDeleteI've never had an opportunity to work with 'littles' of that age group, but feel the blessings overflow -- both to them and you, as well.
Yep! I agree about Blogland. Very nice people!
DeleteThe “littles” kept me laughing more than anything. They were fun and adorable.
I taught 2 year old's once and was amazed at what they could learn. I now teach 1st grade. There is such a difference between 1st and 2nd grade. We're recoverin from our 1 inch of snow and looking forward to some warmer weather. Take care.
ReplyDeleteTwo year olds are fascinating creatures. Full of imagination and their emotions always on the very edge -
DeleteWhat a lovely gift from your blogging friend. It took me a bit but I did finally find the new addition. My friend who grew up in that area of Florida said that as far back as she could remember they never had that much snow before.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
Yeah that was crazy. I saw a photo with palm trees at the beach with piles of snow!
DeleteSo glad you like the candle stick :) and thanks for the blog mention.
ReplyDeleteA wonderful thing of you to teach the young children. Such a important job.
And thanks again for the candlestick, which I’m going to use as a base. Thinking about making a teeny bouquet of flowers… using thin wire as stems and tissue for the flowers. So stay tuned…
DeleteI see it, but what is it? A flower vase? Candle holder? some sort of vessel for beverage? Cute.
ReplyDeleteCandlestick but I’m going to use it as a vase with some little flowers that I will try and make.
DeleteYeah I noticed the grey thing, whatever it is moved from the top shelf to the bottom shelf.
ReplyDeleteGood eye and to think I was trying to be stealth
DeleteThe gray candlestick is my guess, too. But your cabinet really steals the show. It is so cute!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks. My son bought it for me on Mother’s Day when he was a teenager working at Mervyns. It’s special to me
DeleteThat is fantastic that you took care of little ones at your home for 30 years. I was a stay-at-home mom for 30 years, and then when going back to work when the kids were in school, at one time I worked at a learning center with the pre-school kids, but sometimes I had to fill in the toddler class. It was an exhausting day, and it upset me that these precious little ones were left all day in the learning center, especially when one had awful diaper rashes. That was sweet of your blog friend to send you a gift, and I'm anxious for you to reveal what it was. It's nice that you took a walk on such a warm day, and I can't believe you went sleeveless! It must have been nice weather.
ReplyDelete~Sheri
I too stayed home with my kids - I never wanted them in daycare and then I got into it so I could continue staying home. I also liked being my own boss.
DeleteI love your happy hutch...and what a sweet gift from a friend!!
ReplyDeleteThank you. It is a welcome addition that I will always remember.
DeleteThat is a cute little hutch! I do believe it's the candlestick. What a nice gift from Karen!
ReplyDelete