Sunday, February 16, 2025

Binge Watching Netflix on our Wedding Anniversary



I can't say I'm really sick—just a bit under the weather. Yesterday, I had a scratchy throat, but today it's gone. However, I woke up with a slightly annoying cough and some phlegm in my chest, which means I'll be sleeping propped up tonight! Ugh!

I'm not confined to bed; (more like confined to the sofa by choice)

I'm just taking it easy.

My husband feels better but still has a persistent cough and is a little weak.




To celebrate our anniversary, I plan to get takeout from our favorite taqueria. I hope that will awaken our senses and help clear our systems!



As long as I don't go downhill - I plan on still going to my Bible Study on Wednesday. I have no fever, chills, no shortness of breath, no wheezing - just a tickle in my throat that causes me to cough. I guess I have to take it day by day. 





Meanwhile:



We're binge-watching a couple of good shows (so far) on Netflix.


Night Agent - an Action, Drama, Conspiracy thriller

About a low-level agent with the FBI who is responsible for monitoring a phone during the night shift—typically a quiet time, as the phone rarely receives calls. However, an unexpected occurrence arises when the phone finally rings, prompting the agent to take necessary action.

Fire Country - An Action Drama

 A young convict with a difficult past seeks redemption and the possibility of reducing his prison sentence by participating in the California Conservation Camp Program. This program allows inmates to assist the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection, commonly referred to as Cal Fire. The convict is assigned to a camp in his hometown in Far Northern California, where he collaborates with former peers, fellow inmates, and professional firefighters to address the significant wildfires that affect the region. 


So...


Source: FORE

This wedding anniversary promises to be one for the books - as we enjoy a cozy evening wrapped in our blankets, savoring hot tea, and eating takeout.


Marriage is a beautiful gift from God, offering us companionship, support, and joy. Ecclesiastes 9:9 reminds us to enjoy life with our spouse and appreciate the blessing of our shared journey together. 

Looking forward to good health! 

Debby





43 comments:

  1. Despite everything, this sounds lovely, cozy, and fun. Being together is what matters the most.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, I hope you don't come down with the crud...and Happy Anniversary! We watched Oppenheimer today, it was long, but good. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! I love binge watching, but my husband likes to only watch one episode at a time. So, I only binge the shows that just I watch. :)
    Hope you improve and can make it to Bible Study.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We switch back and forth between the 2 shows.
      Gosh I really hope I can fight this.

      Delete
  4. Good job finding the positive in your situation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the first season of The night Agent and am watching it slowly, again before I watch season 2. Hubby can no longer follow it, so have to watch when I can wrest the remote from his hand

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no on getting sick now. Hope you feel better soon. Always enjoy seeing pics of those beautiful eagles. Happy Anniversary. Hope your take out was good. Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m trying my best to- have a headache and coughing. I did get out and took a short walk which made me feel better. Fresh air is good for us.

      Delete
  7. I hope you are feeling better soon. It does sound more cozy all snuggled up and enjoying each other's company despite you feeling a bit off.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary to you both, Debby, and get well soon! There is some kind of yucky stuff going around in our area, too. So far, so good. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don’t know what it is - mild flu or bad cold. Coughing is a drag

      Delete
  9. Happy Anniversary, and I'm sorry you are feeling under the weather. Watching Netflix movies is always pleasant. I may check Fire Country out, as that is part of what we live with here in northern California. Feel better, take care, rest, and just give yourself some special time. Enjoy your Mexican takeout. Sounds delicious. You have some good Mexican places there where you live.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check it out - I like that it gives some insight to the training they need for Cal Fire plus it has a story line.

      Delete
    2. I've seen some of their training. Cal Fire is right down the street from my house, and one day I saw a group of them during the warmer months run through my neighborhood. There is an clearing in my neighborhood that leads to the woods. People walk that trail sometime. One after the other, they ran through, so disciplined. I appreciate them so much.

      Delete
  10. Wishing you the happiest anniversary ever...even though you are feeling the tickle and cough. I sure hope you can fight it and make it to BSF. Don't push though..mine took so long to overcome!
    I would appreciate some prayer for some big decisions that have to do with my caregiving for my Alzheimer's friend Lynne. Prayers for timing and retiring from the weekly job. We do need the money the job provides but God is faithful and has supplied what we have needed before. Hubby feels it is time to quit before things get too dangerous for me both physically and emotionally. At 81, I'm no spring chicken any longer and the strength isn't there for the lifting and care that I used to be able to do more easily. Thanks I do know you understand.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Sue, It's understandable to feel the weight of these decisions, especially when it comes to caregiving your friend and considering your own well-being. Remember that you are not alone in this journey. God is with you, providing wisdom and strength. In James 1:5, we are reminded that if we lack wisdom, we can ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault. Trust that He will guide you in making the right decisions for both you and for what is best for Lynne.

      God cares deeply for you and Lynne. Cast your anxieties on Him, knowing that He cares for you both. Trust in His love and provision, and allow His peace to guard your heart and mind (Philippians 4:6-7).πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»

      Let me know how it turns out.

      Delete
  11. Feel better and enjoy the time together.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Anniversary! Sorry you are under the weather. We have watched Night Agent but haven't watched Fire Country. We do love the show Alone. Glad you enjoyed your evening and your dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fire Country is awesome. I watch it on regular television. I have always wondered about Night Agent, that could be my next binge watch.
    Happy Anniversary a bit late. Stay cozy and hope you don't develop a bad cold.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We’re enjoying fire country and it gives us a better understanding of what all CaFire does.

      Delete
  14. Woo-hoo, I love that chili pepper ... bring on the heat! I've been hearing a lot of good things about the Night Agent; I'm putting that on the short list. I see where you like Oppenheimer; me, too. (I'm probably biased, on account that was my hometown.)
    I hope you're both feeling lots better this evening ... Happy Anniversary blessings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Anniversary and hope you both are back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Anniversary... and may you both feel better soon.
    Sending prayers!
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like a great anniversary celebration to me!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It sure is a let down when you feel bad on your Anniversary....Happy Anniversary and I sure hope you both are on the mend. The flu is going around big time here in our area. Some of the schools have had to close for a few days. We just finished Night Agent and it sure kept me on the edge of the chair. Suspenseful movies make my heart feel like it's pounding. It really was a good series. Take care sweet friend..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favorite genre of movies are action movies. I always say, God knew what He was doing when He gave me three sons. Plus I watched war movies, westerns with my dad. I like spy movies, espionage type action.

      Delete
  19. Happiest anniversary wishes!! Glad you are making the best of it...and making one to remember, for sure! Hope you are both feeling 100 percent soon! Until then, the couch doesn't sound too terribly awful:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sorry to read you haven't been 100%
    I have never binged watched anything
    Your anniversary sounds like it was good one

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sounds like a cozy wonderful night home together. Those are the best!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for being here and commenting. Please allow a few hours for your comment to be moderated.

Only those who have a Google account will be able to comment -


A short Update From My Shasta Home

I thought I’d pop over with a short little update about what’s been going on this past week, if you haven't yet ventured over.  From My ...

Blog Feed from WordPress