1. What do you love most about March?
* It’s a birthday month
* Daylight Savings
* Strawberries are in season! March 21 is National California Strawberry Day, which marks the start of the strawberry season in California.
* Purim - Read the book of Esther
* St. Patrick’s Day
* First Day of Spring
2. Hey! Did you know March is National Celery Month? Do you like celery? What's something you make (or like to order out) that calls for celery?
I like celery in soups and stuffing—raw with peanut butter, cream cheese, ranch dressing, or dips. Top with raisins for Ants in a Log!
3. _______________ is the soundtrack to my life right now.
I have no idea. 🤷♀️
4. Share a favorite motivational quote for overcoming challenges.
Let go - Let God.
The phrase "Let go and let God" emphasizes releasing control and trusting God with our lives. Although not directly from the Bible, it aligns with biblical principles like Proverbs 3:5-6, which encourages us to trust in God's wisdom, and 1 Peter 5:7, which tells us to cast our anxieties on Him. By surrendering our concerns, we acknowledge God's control and faithfulness, knowing He is working all things for our good (Romans 8:28).
5. The Hodgepodge lands on Ash Wednesday this year. Do you participate in Lent in some way? If so tell us more.
I have always attended a non-denominational church, so while I don't practice it personally, I respect that it enriches the faith of others. This expression can be a profoundly beautiful act of worship. When engaged with a sincere heart, it has the potential to deepen one's relationship with Jesus in meaningful ways. I truly believe that fostering a connection with Him is vital, and it’s hard to argue against something that brings people closer to that relationship.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
Are those who sneeze a lot the most blessed?
Thanks for stopping by!
Until Next Hodgepodge...
Debby




I forgot stuffing! We studied Purim last year. I also read One Night with the King. Spring showers are on the way!
ReplyDeleteAt our congregation in San Francisco, they would hold a dress up party and play and one year I was queen Esther.
DeleteI ate celery for a snack yesterday who knew it had a month. Not a fan of turning the clocks back and forth....and we have to again. UGH Janice
ReplyDeleteI’m not a fan of it either - but it’s happening whether I like it or not. In California we voted to stay on standard time and it passed but it’s been almost 10 years and nothing has been done. Frustrating
DeleteI'm happy to see March and Spring on the way! I'm jealous of you getting Strawberries! I love them, but we have a wait for them yet.
ReplyDeleteI'm a big fan of celery too. I actually worked on a celery farm in high school.
Strawberries are my favorite. That’s interesting you worked on a celery farm.
DeleteI never thought of adding raisins to the PB on celery. yum. I love raisin apple salad. Daylight savings is my nemesis and I dread it for a month waiting for it to happen...
ReplyDeleteHappy March, enjoy all the things you love about it..
Raisins on peanut and celery is tasty!
DeleteThe adage to Let Go and Let God is one of my favorites, Debby. Personally, I hate the time change as it wreaks havoc on my biological clock, but I do love that spring is right around the corner. Blessings!
ReplyDeleteI just would like no time changes. We voted about 10 years ago to stay on standard time and they’ve never implemented it. So typical of California.
DeleteI had strawberries for breakfast this morning, and realized I'd jumped the gun; they were dry and had no flavor. I'll try closer to National California Strawberry Day
ReplyDeleteI buy mine at the strawberry stand near my house. Excellent!
DeleteBeautiful post
ReplyDeleteBeautiful post
ReplyDeleteI sure enjoyed your thoughtful response to Lent, Debby. That 'random' thought made me laugh out loud. Wishing you a blessed day!
ReplyDeleteGlad it made you laugh out loud!
DeleteHaHa on the sneeze and being blessed..
ReplyDeleteI do really like Daylight Savings Time but dislike the transition . We aren't morning people. It can be so hard to wake up.
I do like celery and use it in soups, stews, and like you, peanut butter or cream cheese makes a tasty snack.
Love what you put for your random thought..made me giggle.
Sue
Whereas we’re morning people. It gets so hot here in the summer it would be better if it got dark earlier. Hot Sun still shining at 9 pm!
DeleteCute random thought : ) I think I might have to cut up some celery today because everyone mentioning their dips and toppings has me craving it. Hope you have a nice day!
ReplyDeleteIt’s a refreshing snack
DeleteI'm so glad you ready to celebrate March with so many things. I agree with PB on celery. I like what you shared for motivational quote. Your random made me laugh.
ReplyDeleteThanks Debby- hope all is well with you.
DeleteHello Friend, oh I like your #1!!! :-) FUN!!
ReplyDeleteI used to make Ants in a Log for my boys.
xx oo
Carla
It was a favorite. It’s still a good snack.
DeleteI was intrigued by the title of your blog...Shasta home...as I used to live in both Oregon and CA and drove past Mt. Shasta at least two times a year visiting family in the two states usually overnighting in Red Bluff or Redding. My daily view growing up was Mt. Hood.
ReplyDeleteI love celery with peanut butter, too.
Small world.
DeleteCelery and peanut butter is still a good healthy snack.
You found a lot to be thankful about March!
ReplyDeleteAnd there’s probably more that I forgot about.
DeleteI like to eat celery with peanut butter too but have never put raisins on it.
ReplyDeleteWill have to give it a try.
It has that little pop of sweet that is very good in every bite
DeleteMarch sounds like it could be a fav month around your place. Not a huge fan of celery myself, but this pictures sure makes it look good with the added PB and raisins. Our Church denomination does not participate in Ash Wednesday, but like you, I am thankful for others who do and who drawer closer to the Lord. Let go and Let God is a phrase that I need to add to my morning prayers. Strawberries...love them! cut some up today!! Happy Wednesday!
ReplyDeleteStrawberries are my favorite. They’re hard for me to resist.
DeleteI love to let go and let God. All we have to do really. Happy birthday this month. I like Daily Savings Time too - wish they would just leave it. Love strawberries and celery too. And I love SPRING! Lots of great things this time of year!
ReplyDeleteThere really is. Spring is a beautiful time of year even though the weather is fickle
DeleteI couldn't think of a soundtrack and I don't like celery
ReplyDeleteMany don’t like the strings in celery. It has to be fresh.
DeleteLove the Book of Esther. Sound track I am not so sure of right now.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
The Night with the King is a good movie!
DeleteI enjoyed your answers!
ReplyDelete