Thursday, May 29, 2025

Matters of the Heart

 


I am waiting for an appointment with a cardiologist after my ER visit on May 9 and a follow-up with Dr. B on May 13. I've made three calls to the cardiologist's office without a response. During my first call, I was told there were many referrals to process, and I was assured I'd be contacted soon. My last two calls required voicemail messages. While the cardiologist has great reviews, the office responsiveness is lacking.



Some of the Reviews:

Staff there is a joke, they don't tell you everything that you need to do before coming in for a stress test and just blame someone else. Don't seem to care about your time or physical disabilities.

-------------------

They are trying to bill you much higher than insurance company actually legitimately allowed. They divided tests into separate visit while insurance confirmed that there should be only one co-pay. They are trying to get you visit more, so that they could impose those fees into patient which contracted insurance company doesn't legitimately allowed 

-------------------

His office staff is one of the rudest & disrespectful group of people I've ever encountered. They interact w/people who are sick from their hearts & still completely disregard them as human beings. They treat you like you're trash & value nothing. They yell & talk over you like you & your words don't matter.

-------------------


Five stars for the Doctor, zero stars for the staff. The Doctor is extremely busy and would likely not know the quality or lack of quality of his staff. I only hope he reads this and can find better qualified staff to join his practice. The two staff members I was subjected to have resulted in my resolve never to return to subject myself to the two of them again.

-------------------


Well ENOUGH OF THAT! 


I have a laid-back approach, which sometimes makes me hesitant to take action. However, my husband and others have encouraged me to be more proactive. I reached out to Dr. B's office and they’re referring me to another cardiologist with positive feedback. Thankfully, my tests were normal, so it’s not urgent. I’m just following up as advised by the ER doctor to relieve any uncertainty.


Trying to Keep a Godly Perspective in frustrating situations.


God reveals that we have new hearts, transformed not by Cardiologists but through the New Covenant initiated by Christ's death and resurrection. These hearts of ours, are specially created; united with the Holy Spirit, aligning our desires with God's will and His divine purpose. The best Cardiologist in the world, couldn't do that! Amen! 


Ephesians 3:14-21

  For this reason I kneel before the Father,  from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name.  I pray that out of His glorious riches He may strengthen you with power through His Spirit in your inner being,  so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love,  may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ,  and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

 Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us,  to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.


Be Blessed. 

Debby




32 comments:

  1. Oh, I understand this frustration! Time and again, I have had to deal with incompetent staff. I hardly ever go to the doctor for this very reason, although, if it was a heart condition or something else serious, I would stomp my feet and through a tantrum until somebody did something.

    Grace & Peace,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was trying to remain calm and decided to go through my regular doctor to get another referral. My husband has never had an issue with the staff there - that's why I wanted to go with the same Cardiologist.

      Delete
  2. There are simply those that we meet in life who would rather tear others down instead of build them up. As Christians, we can always rest on God's promises in Christ to love and forgive others as He has loved and forgiven us. I'm so sorry you were treated callously, but your heart won't let you not love them in spite of their shortcomings. Sending prayers and love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't say I was treated callously - I only spoke to the office gal once. As an office, they don't get back to people who leave messages, which I find rude. I called a total of three times. Yeah, I could have hounded them, but that's not my style, plus I knew I wasn't critical. If I had been, I would have gone down in person.

      Delete
  3. That is so frustrating! I hope the new referral comes through quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you Debby and Pam. The doctor may be great - but you can't get to him. The staff can be very frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't want to have to deal with them anyway, based on the reviews I've read. No thank you

      Delete
  5. I am so glad you changed doctors!!! The staff seems even corrupt! Also glad that you have no bad heart problems, hurrah!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While the tests look good, Shug mentioned that the tests are not always right -Therefore, it's imperative to follow up

      Delete
  6. Oh Debby, I can completely understand your frustration with a new specialist doctor. I too, have to see a specialist, and for an entirely different health issue, but I was so darn frustrated. I had excuse after excuse about this appt was needed before the next, and on and on, and I told my husband I have not even seen the actual Dr yet. Literally being told "it's protocol" for this and this first, and of course it was/has all been about insurance and money. I was not happy with the nurse practitioner either. who tried was using other patient's situations as examples, and it was a series of "why am I even here" sort of thing. I sure pray you find the doctor's office that will give you proper answers and care. I keep praying for my own situation, hoping to avoid surgery and doing my own research, as I am hesitant in my situation too. Prayers for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's not very good. And extremely frustrating. For me, I have Medicare and Tri-Care for life through the Department of Defense, so they can't try to bilk me out of any more money and have to accept what is paid to them. By law, they are not allowed to bill me. I've never had to pay a dime - no copays, nothing. My surgeries were 100% covered—one of the benefits given to retired military spouses.

      Delete
  7. Bob's primary office is just like this cardiolgist.. glad you changed to another one. My primary and our dermatologist offices are both fantastic, the doctors and the staff. I once took a job with an office of 4, GYN doctors. I left my job because of stress, took a pay cut and in my interview told them why I was taking their job.
    it was the worst work place I have ever been in. 6 weeks later I gave 2 weeks notice and went back to my old job... it was all because of the office manager. she was a shrew and a totally hateful and uncaring person...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People are mean all over - my sons tell me all the time about the mean cattiness of some of the people they work with. It's dog-eat-dog!

      Delete
  8. How annoying! I'd like to believe your experience is a one-and-done, but have experienced the same thing with doctors' office staff. More than once! Unwilling to change physicians at this point, I just gotta strap on that Armor of God and seethe privately.
    I hope this referral happens sooner rather than later. Please let us know!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, I am so saddened by our nations medical system. It is gotten so bad, I do not understand why.
    I am currently going to PT. This fella opened his own clinic. He has no staff, just him. It is fresh air... no silliness, just genuine, let us get you better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't understand it either, but it's a mess. Plus when you live in a rural area, many of the doctors are retiring out so less doctors.

      Delete
  10. I'm so sorry to hear about those issues with the staff. That's just not right. I'm glad you changed doctors. Glad your tests were all good. Take Care.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Debby, that's incredibly frustrating to deal with, especially when it concerns something as important as your heart! It's such a shame when brilliant doctors are let down by their administrative staff. I'm so glad you're being proactive and that Dr. B's office is helping you find a better fit. And your perspective at the end, finding peace and strength in faith, is truly beautiful and inspiring.

    I just shared a new post, I invite you to read and let me know what you think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, part of being a good Doctor means hiring the right staff. He's so busy he is not paying attention.

      Delete
  12. Oh geez!! how frustrating this would be for me. I've experienced similar situations and in order to fully be my own advocate, I actually had to go to the Drs office and get my appointment plus all the info I needed. I mean....with all the technology we have today, it would be simple for the office staff to quickly take care of business...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both sons and my DIL work in the medical field, and they tell me stories all the time of all the disgruntled employees, and no one wants to work.

      Delete
  13. With all of those bad reviews not sure if I would wait to see even the best doctor myself. Glad all is ok. Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The one they referred me to, was my Doctors favorite one they always recommend. I just wanted this Cardiologist because my husband goes to him and he's one of the best. MY husband has been pleased and never had issues but he's being going there now close to 10 years...

      Delete
  14. Hope you have better luck with the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sometimes you have to wonder why such people are employed at all, they are so damn rude that people will at times just choose to go elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm sorry you were treated that way at the cardiologist office, of all places. Most people are friendly and helpful up here, but I've had encounters with rude people wherever I've lived. But at an office where you're not feeling well, they should be more than gracious to you. Too bad you have to transfer to another Doctor if he's a good one, and you gave him five stars. The staff reviews don't sound good. Thank you for sharing the Ephesians verse. It is a special one. And I love that first picture "Christ in my heart." : )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amen!! What a powerful testimony. And I can relate to the issues with the Dr.'s office staff. We left one primary care practice because of the office staff and their rudeness and treatment of us as patients. The doctor was great, but the staff made us feel like peons. Thankfully we had another place to go where the office staff knows us by name and they treat us like family. What a difference! I hope you get the care that you need by the very best doctor available. And yes, God is our Great Physician, and He will take care of all our needs. But sometimes He works through His special servants here on earth, and we are thankful for them. Take care my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for being here and commenting. Please allow a few hours for your comment to be moderated.

Only those who have a Google account will be able to comment -


A short Update From My Shasta Home

I thought I’d pop over with a short little update about what’s been going on this past week, if you haven't yet ventured over.  From My ...

Blog Feed from WordPress