The Bible
Simply put, the HOLY Bible comprises 66 writings from over 40 authors. It reveals who God is to people. Therefore, its words are not just from the human authors; they are also the Words of God (2 Timothy 3:15-17; 2 Peter 1:20-21).
The Bible is free from error because God does not make mistakes or tell lies (Numbers 23:19; 2 Samuel 22:31; Proverbs 30:5; John 17:17).
Therefore, the Bible never affirms anything contrary to His Word.
The text is clear and tells one significant story: the story of redemption. It does not contradict itself.
God works through the Bible to achieve His goals, including saving those who are lost. You can see this in Isaiah 55:10-11, 1 Peter 1:23-25, and Psalm 119.
Application:
I can trust God's Word because He is the Word.
John 1 1-18
The Word became Flesh!
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.
4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome[a] it. 6 There was a man sent from God whose name was John. 7 He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all might believe. 8 He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light. 9 The true light that gives light to everyone was coming into the world.
10 He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. 11 He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. 12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— 13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.
14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. 15 (John testified concerning him. He cried out, saying, “This is the one I spoke about when I said, ‘He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’”)
16 Out of his fullness we have all received grace in place of grace already given. 17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. 18 No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and[b] is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.


It's incredible and all true!
ReplyDeleteAmen!
DeleteI believe the Bible is Gods Word, and I also know that many over the years have decided what they think the Bible means and done much harm, including trying to force the Bible on others to the point of killing them if they did not. The Crusades come to mind, the Churches trying to make every one believe the way they do.
ReplyDeletemy dad was a old time Baptist minister, with strong beliefs of right and wrong and a lot of them I did not and do not believe is what the Bible means. He was so against Catholics, that he was upset because my best friend was Catholic and I spent most of my time with her family and we were in each others weddings. he was upset about me being in a Catholic wedding, she had to have permission from a priest to be in mine.
all of which to me is just silly stuff.
Once I said to him, if I were born to Madelines mother, I would be Catholic and she was born to you she would be Baptist. As believers we should not try to force our beliefs others. As the USA did to the native Americans. Teach the Bible truths and let other make their choice that was given by God to All who seek Him.
The main thing is that the Word became flesh.
DeleteWow, that last thought...powerful. Great post my friend. Wishing you a lovely Sunday.
ReplyDeleteThanks Linda - you, too.
DeleteThe greatest story ever told! May we live by the truth of God's word always. Blessings, Debby!
ReplyDeleteThis is a wonderful post, Debby, and I enjoyed reading it on this Sunday morning. The phrase, 'In the beginning', reminded me of an episode of The Chosen where John, His Apostle, was gently talking with Mother Mary about things. It's a beautiful scene. I like how you highlighted in light blue. I especially liked that last quote you shared, it's so true. Keep treading on with Bible Study, Debby. Thank you for sharing His word on your blog page from time to time.
ReplyDelete~Sheri
Excellent graphic at the end of this post. I am astonished at how some can reach errant conclusions regarding God's Word. I pray for Truth to be revealed and those people to believe what God is saying to them.
ReplyDeleteThe last quote is so very important. Who is God leading us to that needs to hear the word of God. who are we failing if we do not share God's word. Great post Debby. Thank you for sharing on this beautiful sunday.
ReplyDeleteThat meme was incredible!
ReplyDeleteAMEN!! Great post!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a perfect post for Sunday! Especially for those who do not or are unable to go to church.
ReplyDeleteAmen! My heart is full.
ReplyDeleteSo true. What a lovely post for this day.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
Another great post
ReplyDeleteOH, this was so good, and so needed in our day today. There are many false prophets going out and about, teaching false doctrines of wealth and health and works. Salvation is a free gift of God, not of works, lest any one should boast! (Ephesians 2:8-9) I love the last quote. There is much work to be done in these last days as I believe Jesus is coming soon.
ReplyDelete