Trinidad Beach
This week has felt like a whirlwind, with my mind racing to keep up with everything unfolding around me.
✔We arrived home on Monday evening.
✔Tuesday was the day of that medical procedure. After I came home from that, I still had to carve out time to finalize my preparations for leading my BSF class the following day. This week, it was the Promise of Restoration - Ezekiel 36 and the Promise of Regeneration in Ezekiel 37.
I have twelve women in my group, and they tend to be quite talkative, often going off on rabbit trails that often don't make much sense. It’s my responsibility to keep them focused; otherwise, they won’t absorb the lessons from Ezekiel. Last year, there wasn’t as much of that because they all really wanted to study. I have to stay on top of this. While I allow them a little leeway, I also need to step in and steer them back on track.
✔ On Thursday morning, I began my Isaiah study. I REALLY enjoy this because I am not leading it and I can relax.
✔As the day progressed, I began to look forward to my youngest son's 41st birthday.
To mark the occasion, we all headed to his favorite place:
Woody's, a local brewery and eatery.
It was an enjoyable night filled with good food, great company, and plenty of laughter, as well as yummy crème brûlée.
✔ Just before we were getting ready, we spotted Laydee's tail and noticed it was bleeding quite heavily, with streaks of blood splattered on the walls of the entryway where her tail was hitting the wall. My husband is a mother hen when it comes to her and gets a bit overwhelmed when he sees blood.
I raised three boys by myself - I can handle this!
I gently guided Laydee down and carefully examined her tail. After cleaning the area, I was relieved to see that the bleeding had finally stopped. However, upon further inspection, I discovered an open cyst that had burst, likely due to her beating her tail against the wall. I shaved her tail and bandaged it up as best as I could. So he elected to stay home to keep an eye on her.
✔This morning, Laydee visited her veterinarian, and it was determined that she will return on Tuesday for a procedure to bob a small portion of her tail. Her tail is a part of her charming personality, but it’s for the best. Healing can be quite a challenge, especially when she’s always wagging it around! The thing is, she seems fine. But we don't want an infection.
The last of the morning fog burning off...
So...
✔I've decided to make some adjustments to my blogging schedule for a while, as I'm struggling to keep up with reading blogs and posting due to my commitments during the week. I’ll experiment until I discover what suits me best. I will write a few posts on Sunday afternoon and then pre-schedule them for the days of the week when I am swamped.
Next week, I have three appointments, all on Tuesday.
✔Check Laydee in at the Vet for her surgery
✔Rush over for my dental cleaning in the morning
✔ Then the follow-up appointment to have the bandage removed from the loop-recorder incision in the afternoon.
✔Everything is going well; my incision is healing without any issues. I’m grateful for that.
✔The weather remains summer-like, with a high of 95 today, but we may experience some rain and Fall-like temperatures early next week, which would be welcome.
✔My house is not as clean as I like, and I am behind on my laundry.
✔Fall decorating? It will happen when it happens.
And if all of that isn't enough, I'm also finding myself navigating the frustrating landscape of writer's block, where ideas for posts seem sparse and my thoughts barely form into anything meaningful to share that you would all find interesting.
I even wrote out the Hodgepodge and then looked at it, decided I didn't like it, so I deleted it. The same with a couple of other rushed posts.
Life has been an exhilarating ride lately, filled with unexpected surprises and delightful twists that have kept me on my toes. Lord willing, I’m hoping that after Tuesday, things will finally begin to calm down a bit for the rest of the next week!
Until Next Time,
Debby







I'm happy to read that you're healing. Best to you with the yappers. Sounds like it's fun though and maybe they need time out to yap. We have a group that comes to the bookstore, not for learnings more they stitch and bitch, is what the group is. They bring yarn and needles and have a fun time of it. Happy Birthday to your son!
ReplyDeleteI think I’m going to plan that we all go out to lunch afterwards to just talk. That’s a fun name for the group.
DeleteOh goodness, it's always something, isn't it? First you, then Laydee. I think it is really wise to bob her tail, so she won't keep hurting it. You were a fast thinker! the food all looks so good! And your blue photo of the fog burning off is gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteBest hamburger in town! And their homemade garlic tater tots.
DeleteSome days and weeks are simply overcrowded with the needs and wants of loved ones around us, Debby, so no need to apologize whatsoever! When you can, keep us posted on Laydee and know that we are cheering you on in all your endeavors. Oh, by the way, Danny is home and his ablation was a tremendous success. We are praising the Lord!
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
Yes that is wonderful news, Martha about Danny and such a relief. I’m so happy for you both!
DeleteThe past couple of weeks, have gotten away from me. That usually doesn’t happen to me because I covet my time.
Glad that you are healing. Happy birthday to your son. It is nice to have a group to gather with and just talk. Love your photos.
ReplyDeleteTrue but we’re there for “bible study” I’m going to suggest we all meet afterwards for lunch.
Deleteme thinks you have just way to much on your plate, and need to find a way to cut back a little. also the added to normal things of the tail and your procedure made if all even worse. God has you, and prayers for all you have going on are going up
ReplyDeleteOne way is to start scheduling my posts. I don’t have time to do a daily post. I have always enjoyed writing off the cuff - in the spur of the moment but with my commitments I no longer have time.
DeleteWow, I am glad Laydee's tail can be "fixed", so to speak. Praying all goes well with the appointment. Glad you are doing well after your procedure, and I will pray for your complete healing. I do understand how you can feel like you have lost some days...I've been there and done that and the struggle is real, especially the older we get and all days seem to be the same, yet with their own little "adventures" that pop up to surprise us. Having blog material is something that sometimes we just have to go with the flow of whatever is happening around us and run with it. This post was very full and interesting. I love the picture of the bench in the woods. I am anxious to go sit on my bench in the woods, but it got too hot again this past week, and we are still praying for rain to fill up our pond. One day at a time. God is with us, and that is the real adventure of life!! Amen. (((HUGS)))
ReplyDeleteThe week coming up is looking hectic but after I get through it, I am hoping things will settle down. It’s been the extra stuff that throws me off. I’m so thankful for the weekend. I’m not going anywhere or doing anything except my Bible study which brings me peace.
DeleteI hope Laydee's tail heals well. It is a problem when they lash their tails against hard surfaces.
ReplyDeleteI do too. I hate that this has to happen to her. Thankfully it’s not a complete “bob”
DeleteSo sorry to hear about Laydee. Its best you take her and get her treated. Poor girl. Happy birthday to your son. I always plan and write my blog posts out in advance. With my schedule I would never have the time to do them otherwise. Janice
ReplyDeleteThat’s what I’m going to start doing. Mostly I sit down and write for that day. I actually enjoy that because I never know what I’ll write but just don’t have the time.
DeleteYou certainly have been busy. Glad you are healing.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to your son! And hope Laydee heals quickly!
I do my posts ahead of time and schedule them, it works for me. I wouldn't have time to do one every day otherwise. Hope it works for you too!
That’s what I will start doing. I used to enjoy sitting and just writing - never knowing where it would take me.
DeleteLike you mention, these recent days have me a bit disoriented - consulting the calendar every so often. Funny how even ordinary commitments can feel a little overwhelming at times.
ReplyDeleteI'm seriously in awe of your expertise dealing with Laydee's tail. Humans I can handle, but not so much my fur babies.
Drooling over that picture of the burger!
She’s my baby too but when the husband sees blood he gets a bit dramatic. Someone has to be calm and that’s me.
DeleteOhhhhh that burger was soooo good.
Good that you are healing and sorry that laydee is losing some of her tail. I wish I could come to your Bible study. I enjoy one where everyone stays focused. My one track mind works that way. lol Take care.
ReplyDeleteAnn, so good to see you again. Are you blogging again? I'm focused as well, especially when I take the whole week to prepare, and then they want to discuss something else. It's called a Bible Study for a reason.
DeleteI love Woody's! - Food is so good and atmosphere is pleasant. Sounds like a fun outing with your son on his birthday. That creme brulee looks scrumptious. I hope your Bible Study class turns out to be a good year for all. Poor Laydee, I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope she gets the right treatment and care and heals quickly. Love that photo with the bench in the woods. Pace yourself with blogging. We will be around to see your charming posts when you do decide to post. And I hope those 90 degree temps change into some real Autumn weather real soon, Debby. Looking forward to some rain too!
ReplyDelete~Sheri
Today, we'll drop down into the 80s, and then tomorrow, into the 70s, so change is on the horizon, along with some rain. At this time of year, I get so tired of the constant sunshine and hot weather. Give me some cozy cloudy days and a cool breeze!
DeleteWoody's is a fun place, and they have the best burgers. Those garlic tots are also delicious. It's a good creme brulee, too. I ate so much that 24 hours later, when it was time to eat dinner, I was still full!
Oops, I guess I exaggerated a bit. We must have been 2 1/2 miles from the beach. We were up the hill in Park Pacifica. Great new homes aka 1966 but the top of the hill sure got a lot of weather. We probably passed your home every time we had to travel Linda Mar.
ReplyDeleteAuw
Haha..my fingers aren't awake and I haven't finished my coffee.
ReplyDeleteSue !!! not what ever I typed..
I lived on Madeira Dr. just off Lindamar Blvd. Attended Sanchez school and Cabrillo. Then Terra Nova. Back then, they kept moving us all around because there were so many of us baby boomers. One year, they bused me over to Portola in San Bruno! I got into a lot of trouble that year!
DeleteI remember when they were building those homes in Park Pacifica. My parents looked at the model homes. Saddle Town was back there, and they would have rodeos and "western days." It sure doesn't look the way I remember. My son and his wife love Pacifica and always stay in an Airbnb, which to me is just crazy.
Do you remember the old bumper stickers that said, "Where the hell is Pacifica?" Because of all the fog!
Debby, do what works best for you. If you post, fine, if you don't for a while that's fine too. I'll always check and enjoy what you have written.
ReplyDeleteBlogging should be fun ... not a chore ...
After BSF going to lunch sounds like a great way to get the talkers satisfied. Some ladies may not be as "into" the study as you are and need to be led gently into the Word. I'm not the best student and need more patience than others.
I would love to be in your group and learn from what to me is an obscure book that I know so little about.
Sue
I enjoy staying connected to my blog and all of you. I'll pre-schedule some posts for a time while I get through this hectic time.
DeleteThe ladies knew when they signed up that BSF is similar to a college course. Every year and every group is different, so I'm up for the challenge. I will learn from it all as well.
Keeping you in prayer, my friend...and awwwww on Laydee.
ReplyDeleteI know Linda, I hate this for my sweet puppy. It won’t be a total bob, just toward the tip of her tail. But still…
DeleteWow you have been busy. I think a lot of people write their posts ahead, though I don't. I write mine each day.
ReplyDeleteDaily posts is what I always have done as well.
DeleteI am so glad the incision is healing well. I do hope Laydee does well with the tail bob. I think once you get used to your schedule you won't lose days and it will be easier to post and comment on blogs that you love to read. Take your time and acclimatize yourself to your new busy time.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
No issues at all with the incision and not once did I feel any discomfort.
DeleteYou’re right, Jackie. After a summer of slothing, I’m not used to such a hectic schedule.
You have been very busy and this can sometimes bring on a bit anxiety that we don't even see coming. I sure hope Laydee's tail gets taken care of and heals easily. Glad things are good for you and that your incision is healing. I think we all reach seasons in our blogging where we have to force ourselves to write something. Be it a busy life schedule, the season or just life in general, I think we get writer's block just like a book writer does. I am sure you will get this figured out as to what works best for you. Take care dear friend.
ReplyDeleteYeah I’ll figure it out. Lately I have had a few things on my mind and now this with Laydee, really bothers me. I know she’ll be fine but it came out of no where! Thanks for stopping by - I appreciate it.
DeletePlease read my post
ReplyDeleteGlad you are doing well. I hope Ladyee's tail heals well also! I hope you make plenty of time for yourself during these hectic weeks!
ReplyDeleteIt is nice to see the photos of Trinidad. Jim and I would head there for dinner at the Sea Scape sometiimes when staying in Eureka. We stopped at the beach one time and they were having a surfing competition. I never wanted to try surfing but love to watch others doing it.
ReplyDeleteI hope Laydee's tail heals quickly and she is not bothered by the procedure.
As someone that always enjoys reading your posts I hope you don't feel pressured by us readers to delliver when you are already overwhelmed by your busy days. I just hope you don't give up posting. Knowing you are just up the road a few hours from me and an area I have spent a lot of time in I always especially enjoy when you post about familar surroundings.