Suzie passed away last night.
One of the women from my Bible study group texted me Suzie's husband’s post on social media:
"...with a 'broken heart, my dear sweet wife, Suzie went home to be with the Lord last night."
Oh, this wasn't quite what I had anticipated - yet how could I possibly overlook this magnificent miracle, even if it appears different from what I had fervently prayed for?
Initially, I felt a deep sorrow in my heart; I had been expecting a miracle for her that would heal her, glorify God, and unite people. Now I feel a profound sense of peace that I recognize as from God. The injuries she endured proved too great for her to conquer, and in His infinite wisdom, God welcomed her home.
The Miracle
But God... healed her broken body, bringing glory to His Name, and through this miraculous act, many hearts were united in a profound sense of hope and purpose.
I feel a profound sadness knowing that I never had the opportunity to meet this remarkable woman. With each story I hear about her, my admiration deepens, and I find myself loving her spirit and the impact she had, even without having known her personally.
Her selfless love and unwavering commitment to Christ shone through in every act of service, as she spread kindness and embraced those in need. She dedicated her life to uplifting others and made every moment of her 67 years truly count.
"Well done, good and faithful servant.”

I'm very sorry to hear this, Debby. You chose a beautiful photo for her, and it does look like the skies are glorifying God. Your last words about her are special, "well done, good and faithful servant."
ReplyDelete~Sheri
Thanks Sheri
DeleteI am so sorry to hear that Suzy was not able to overcome her injuries here on earth, but yes, she is perfectly healed now in heaven, and her life and legacy will be one that speaks loudly to all who will hear, of her love of God and Savior and her fellow man. May God comfort her family and many friends and bring glory to His name through her passing from this life into eternity. Thank you for sharing her story with us. (((HUGS)))
ReplyDeleteThe other two crew members are still in critical condition. So sad
DeleteI am sad to hear this for people on earth - but for her I am glad. ♥
ReplyDeleteYes it’s always sad for the family and friends. Her son held her hand, when she passed. Heartbreaking
DeleteSo sorry! God always has a plan, but sometimes it's not the plan we want.
ReplyDeleteSo true and all we can do is just trust Him as the sovereign Lord that He is.
DeleteI'm sorry to hear this Debby. This is a wonderful tribute to her and to our Lord who perfectly healed her.
ReplyDeleteYes He did. Her job here was done.
DeleteMay God welcome His faithful Suzie into His loving arms, and comfort all of her family and friends who loved her and cherished her for the remarkable person she was. Truly, Debby, we want no one to suffer here on earth when God's kingdom has opened its doors. Blessings, and thank you for sharing this with all of us.
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely! She’s in a better place! ๐
DeleteRIP.
ReplyDeleteAmen!
DeleteI am so sorry....and this post is perfect, my friend. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Linda ❤️
DeleteMy condolences to the family and to you and your church family on the loss of a wonderful woman.. prayers for those left behind.
ReplyDeleteFor such a petite woman she left big shoes to fill.
DeleteThank you for letting us know about Suzie's passing. I have prayed for her. She is most definitely in the Best Place now. Her physical absence here on earth will be felt by all who knew her.
ReplyDeleteBest place ever and she’s at peace.
DeleteWhat an amazing photograph paired with your words. Thank you for sharing what so many of us are feeling this morning. Prayers!
ReplyDeleteIt’s a big loss to our community
DeleteThis is so sad but what a beautiful tribute to a Faithful Servant.
ReplyDeleteSome things are hard to understand.
Sue
And we don’t need to understand - just trust.
DeleteCondolences and sorry for your loss. What a wonderful way to see it, God did heal her broken body by bringing her to glory, uniting hearts in the process. It's a powerful testament to Suzie's life and the unwavering spirit she shared, even with those who never met her. She clearly left a beautiful legacy.
ReplyDeleteYes she did. Thanks for stopping by, Benita.
DeleteI'm so sorry to hear this. ((HUGS)) Keeping you and her family in my prayers.
ReplyDeleteUnfortunately grieving is part of the human condition. I’m learning that she knew the risks of being a flight nurse and would talk young moms to reconsider until their children were older. Her commitment to serve was greater. She’s truly a hero.
DeleteSadly, this is not what I was praying for, BUT God!! I am so sorry for this loss and my prayers go out to her husband and her family....and to each of you. Love the beautiful cloud picture...so fitting for this post...
ReplyDeleteThanks Shug. ❤️
DeleteI am very sad to find out this news. I know she was reading her BSF lessons and one thing that has been highlighted this fall is God is sovereign and always works in His will. And He is loving and kind.
ReplyDeleteAmen, Sister! ❤️
DeleteSending prayers... so much sadness this autumn season.
ReplyDeleteLove and prayers,
Carla
A part of her is still here on earth helping others as she was a donor. All the video that has been on the internet really brought home how much she was respected as a person and in her profession. The honor walk at the hospital was so emotional. The song they were singing was one of the ones we sang last weekend at the retreat
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry to hear this. You posted a beautiful tribute to her.
ReplyDeleteVery, very sorry to read this. You selected an excellent photo to go with though.
ReplyDelete