Friday, December 5, 2025

Christmas Decorating is taking a back seat...



Friday!

In just a few hours, we'll be heading to the town's Christmas Tree lighting, and I couldn't be more excited! I've been eagerly anticipating this all week. The festive atmosphere brings out my inner child, filling me with wonder and joy. We plan to enjoy a meal there too! Arriving around 4:30 will give us time to find a good parking spot, and then we can stroll through a classic car show, beautifully adorned with Christmas lights. Plus, the shops will be open, making for a delightful evening. I can’t wait to soak in all the holiday cheer and create wonderful memories! The tree lighting is at 7pm, and we'll leave shortly after...maybe. 







The Dice we'll be using for our gift exchange game. 



We had fun at Barnes & Noble picking out games for our gift exchange with our adult kids! Initially, I thought the $35 limit per game was pretty steep, but once I got there, I realized prices have really gone up. I ended up picking the Monopoly - Sacramento Edition for $44, which I’m super excited about! For the second game, I managed to find something fun while staying within the budget. 

As we walked to the car, I suddenly realized I hadn't picked up gifts for my daughter-in-law! I had gifts for my sons and for Char, but completely overlooked Sara. I kept wanting to get these games knocked out. And then there is Cassie.  Thankfully, I remembered just in time! So I'm not done yet, but I know what I will get. 

Sometimes, I just don't know about myself.







Although the official arrival of winter is not until December 21 - 





 the colors on the trees are reminding us that we are still in the heart of Fall. 







This afternoon, my husband took advantage of the mild weather to mow the lawn, leaving behind a freshly trimmed carpet of vivid green. 





The holidays wouldn’t feel complete without a delicious Panettone Bread! I couldn't resist picking up this adorable mini version, perfect for a little treat just for me, since I’m the only one who truly appreciates it. It brings back memories of my dad surprising us with Panettone, nuts, tangerines, and a stick of Columbus dry salami every Christmas Eve. While this chocolate chip option is yummy, I’m excited to grab the traditional one for our Christmas Eve. 





The Christmas cheer continues this Sunday. 
Lovely concert held in conjunction with Simpson University. 





And then there is this! 

One reason why I cancelled out on two parties. 
I'd rather do this instead. 


Yesterday, while I was at my Bible study, my husband set up the tree and lights. He even put the angel on top. As for the ornaments - sometime this weekend. 🤞
 
Time just keeps getting away from me. Oh well, I'm having fun, and I refuse to stress out about it. I have a few things up - we just didn't knock it all out in one day. 




My Christmas Decorating so far...


Hopefully, I'll make it back over here this weekend. Until then...

Debby
















 

46 comments:

  1. Hahaha. My kinda decorating! We love Barnes. Did you get a drink whilst there? Have a wonderful time at the Christmas thingy. Happy December!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debby, I feel like time is going by way to fast! I hope you have fun at the Christmas shop and car show. I ordered a book to read for the Christmas season. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are doing all the right stuff. Making memories. Doing special events that make the season even brighter. The decorations will come in time. I'm just getting started on mine since I'm homebound fighting this pneumonia, but I feel much better today, and I got a lot more done. Hopefully next week I will be able to be out and about doing things besides decorating! It's all good. Jesus is the Reason for the season, may we never forget!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear you are improving. We have some family coming tonight for my husband's pizza. Nothing fancy. I certainly wasn't prepared so the house looks a mess with containers all over. I'll just move it all in a neat corner.

      Delete
  4. Your tree lighting evening sounds so fun. I like that 12 sided dice for your games too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Navy bought it and showed me. This is something they all want to do, instead of individual gifts. Of course I always give a little something for them all - nothing fancy. Heck they have more money than we do!

      Delete
  5. I know you will have so much fun! And I hope you bring back some photos for us! The trees there are gorgeous!! Here, it has been snowing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a fun evening. I slept like a baby last night. I'm hoping for our every 3-4 year snowfall sometime this winter. They're always fun.

      Delete
  6. might I suggest a beard for the orange Santa? ho ho ho... as far as I know Bob had never touched a Christmas tree in his life. not ho ho ho... neither did my first husband
    the tree lighting sounds like fun, I have never been to one, but I have seen a few hundred on Hallmark Christmas movies. I am just full of ho ho hos today. Good idea to change from the 2 parties to these wonderful fun filled evenings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A beard would be awesome. It was fun and very festive. I'm happy you are full of " ho ho ho." 🎄

      Delete
  7. With so many exciting activities taking place, I can understand why you want to be out and about, Debby. Yes, the decorating can wait for a bit if need be. I'm hoping that we can get ours out completely by this weekend, but it's okay if we don't. I love that Santa hat on the pumpkin, too! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a community happening with the official ribbon cutting for the public market and the 109th year for the tree lighting. So it was something I wanted to experience before I get too old. We're firmly planted in our community and enjoy celebrating our town's successes.

      Delete
  8. The Christmas pumpkin made me smile.
    I think it's rather nice to spread the decorating out over days.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Indeed, things / prices have gone up. Thanks for the smiles, wishing you a lovely day my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope the tree lighting was a wonderful event. I always get a gift card from Barnes & Noble for my granddaughter so she can pick out her own books. When my dad was alive, we would always play games after dinner. That stopped when he passed. Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, maybe this is the year to bring back that tradition. All the adult kids love playing these really complicated games. No more Life or Operation. 😂

      Delete
  11. Looks like you have a lot of fun things coming up! Next weekend is Christmas in Plymouth. I'm off work so I'm excited to go. Love that last picture! Perfect mix of Christmas and Fall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like fun. During the day it looks like Fall but the evening sparkles with Christmas lights everywhere.

      Delete
  12. Debby, I saw the Panettone with chocolate at the grocery store! It's a bit different than this, it had the chocolate inside the bread. That's next on my list. I got the one with the raisins and candied fruit instead. I haven't seen those mini versions yet. This is my favorite brand, it's just soooo good. The Autumn leaves are still hanging on your trees, they're so pretty. Wonderful memories of your dad and all the goodies he sent you. And that pumpkin with the Santa hat is delightful, love that.

    Have a wonderful weekend, and merry December week ahead, Debby.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sheri, I like the original panettone but can never resist chocolate. It was tasty.
      Yep it looks very fallish during the day - Christmassy at night! God bless

      Delete
  13. I like your Halloween/Christmas mashup :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your Christmas decor !! The perfect blend ... It sounds like you will have the most delightful celebrations coming up too.
    The dice game is something similar to what we did last year for the family party. Lots of fun and silliness.
    Isn't that what its all about anyway?
    Jesus is the Real Reason for the Season...
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sue. I like to support the local talent we have here. Tonight will be a lovely musical rendition of the season.

      Delete
  15. You have a lot of things going on where you live! You are one busy girl. Love your Christmas Decoration! lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. Delightful post! Love the pumpkin with the Santa hat! Like you, I would probably choose some Christmas music/concert over yet another party. Just to sit in peace and soak it all in.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's what I plan to do - sit and soak in the music of the season. Thanks for dropping by Barbara.

      Delete
  17. I hope you enjoyed the tree lighting. That dice is really cute. Glad you got some shopping done. The trees are so pretty. Wow, that bread looks delicious. Enjoy the concert on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh the tree lighting event was a blast! I had so much fun. Take care, Debby. Hoping all is well with you.

      Delete
  18. Oooh, that pumpkin is the cutest ever! I'd love to participate in that dice game ... even a Dirty Santa (game), but my family members are all dreadfully practical. I hope you'll blog about yours!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sounds like a fun evening. Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Our trees around her are just now turning, so it's as if we are in two seasons. Nature tells us it's late Fall and the commercial side of things tells us it's Winter and Christmas Season. This is a really cute game. We have played it before and my kids enjoyed it. I know your evening was beautiful.. Happy Sunday Debby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Shug. I'm looking forward to the dice game - I've not ever done this before.
      Oh yes, we had a really fun evening on Friday night. It was very cold out, but I kept moving even as it seemed every joint was seizing up on me. I got so stiff. Not used to such a damp cold.

      Delete
  21. Thank you for the smiles seeing the Santa hat on the pumpkin gave me :)
    Enjoy your December days.. . and Happy Sunday Wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  22. Enjoy Debby, I would love to attend the concerts with you.
    Happy December Days,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for being here and commenting. Please allow a few hours for your comment to be moderated.

Only those who have a Google account will be able to comment -


A short Update From My Shasta Home

I thought I’d pop over with a short little update about what’s been going on this past week, if you haven't yet ventured over.  From My ...

Blog Feed from WordPress