But when you're married, there are give-and-takes. So off my husband went, wheelbarrow in hand, to haul back the Calla Lilies to plant in the backyard. Once the rainy season ends next month, we'll face an eight-month dry spell. Snails and slugs don’t like that, which works out well for me. He’s planning to plant the lilies on the hill and around the yard, and he’s really enjoying it. Half my garden is made up of cuttings from neighbors. People don’t share like that as much anymore. When I was a kid, it was common to ask for a cutting, and people would happily give you one. Every geranium or fuchsia I’ve had started from a cutting, a snip, or a transplant, and all my irises and lilies came from a friend.
In Like a Lion- Out like a Lamb
They say March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb.
March 29-31 are the "borrowing days," when the weather is traditionally rough or stormy, and the month was named for Mars, the god of war, because March was the time for the start of wars.
1. What brings out the lion in you? What brings out the lamb?
My first thought is the Lion of Judah!
I'm a lion for those who can't defend themselves, like vulnerable groups such as children, the elderly in poorly run care facilities, and animals that are treated badly. And injustice brings out the lion in me as well. ROARRRR!
The Lamb of God
Lamb: I get emotional when I hear the word of God. and beautiful worship. I melt over the innocence of newborn babies, precious animals, and Creation in all its forms.
* I didn't use my family because that's a given.
2. What are you enjoying in terms of TV, movies, or books right now?
We started a couple of months ago, rewatching all the Survivor seasons from Season 1, working our way up to Season 50, which is currently on, and we will continue until we get to 50. Right now we're on season 37.
Books: I am currently trying to tackle a book recommended to me, called Flatland, by Edwin A. Abbott, written in 1884. I like it so far, but it's a thinker.
3. It's Spring now... are you happy to see it come? Will you be going out more?
Yes, it's always nice to welcome in a brand-new season, and yes, we'll be out more. We're pretty much outside year-round, except if it rains or is 110 degrees.
4. Create an ideal weather scenario for each season. The perfect weather for summer, spring, autumn, and winter.
I thrive in a dry climate because humidity and heat drain my energy and make me feel clammy.
Here, I enjoy very low humidity and mild temperatures year-round, except in summer, when temperatures can reach 115+, which is expected since we are in the northern part of the Central Valley. My town is considered the Sunniest town in California and the 2nd sunniest town in the US according to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
Thanks for dropping by.
Until next time
Debby



.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
Those lillies look wonderful. I like your answers to the questions.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
Thanks, Victor and God bless.
DeleteThey are up to season 50? Wow wow. Impressive. Looks like a good egg holder for going here and there. That's fun. Also fun, love that you love your hubby and don't mind if he gets the flowers he likes. Glad the pup found her person. That's a good story.
ReplyDeleteI was in Dollar General the other day and ours had a long isle of all dollar items. I bought one. Thought that was smart. I don't mind DT going higher but I wish they'd get more fabric. It's soooo little. Though differnet locations have more, I've seen. And one I saw that had none.
Either way, a day out for under 20 sounds good.
Yeah I don't care. I figure he lives here too and should have what he enjoys.
DeleteI like Dollar General. It reminds me of the " variety stores or five and dimes" we used to have.
Tim and I are the same way. We love each other and want the other to be happy with things they like. I think I recall a store called Ben Franklins. I think was a five and dime.
DeleteSo glad you helped that dog find its owner. I love the deviled eggs container. Cute glasses and towels. I collect dish towels. The little sign is cute too. I can't believe you are watching all of those seasons! I do love living in CA, the weather is so nice and no one likes humidity. Enjoy the rest of your week.
ReplyDeleteI really like the deviled egg container. I have a thing for kitchen dish towels and pot holders, too
Deleteyour story of cuttings and hubby made me think of an old post about Bobby Appleseed, which is his nickname because he never met a seed he would not plant. he grew a Ruby red grapefruit tree, an avocado tree and several orange trees we never planted from seeds, he grew pineapples from the top he cut off one we bought at Walmart, he always had cups with seeds growing. our back yard was goregeous, with drought and him not walking for a year.. every thing is bad. those are excellent buys from DG and I love that store.
ReplyDeleteyour lion of Judah is me and add a heart for the homeless. that is where mine lies with the things you mentioned also.. our pastor used to come to us and let us know when someone needed gas for a car or 100 dollars to go home to her mother, I have lived the downside of this world and it breaks my heart when I see suffering and no way out.
I have called police on people abusing dogs, on people leaving the dogs in cars, Florida kills whatever is left in a car even in our winters.. it is against the law to leave them or kids in a parked car alone.
Here in California if you see a child or pet in car, alone you have the right to break the window with no legal repercussions.
DeleteSuch wonderful bargains you found at the Dollar Tree, Debby. Way to go! I also loved your first answer to the Tuesday 4 - they certainly reflect my own to a "T." The calla lilies are gorgeous, and I'm glad to know that your husband will be planting them for you. Have a blessed week!
ReplyDeleteIn my area Calla lilies are grown as houseplants, because the winters would kill them.
ReplyDeleteI love your dollar store items that you bought. I have one just a block from me and I seldom go there... now you have me wanting to check it out.
ReplyDeleteFirst, I'm so thankful Scout and his person were reunited! I've never been the recipient of anyone's bulbs or clippings -- and quite honestly, wouldn't know what to do with them-- except admire others' from a distance.
ReplyDeleteIsn't the Dollar Tree fun? I always come away feeling like I've scored.
Pretty glassware! Calla lies are so gorgeous and make me think of a line supposedly attributed to Katherine Hepburn "The calla lilies are in bloom". I am the same way about being a lion! Your weather sounds great to me!
ReplyDeleteYou got some nice things at the Dollar Tree!!
ReplyDeleteGlad the dog owner and dog were reunited. :)
The lilies are so pretty.
Lovely calla lilies and I do like those new glasses.
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan
I'm glad the lady was reunited with her dog! The calla lillies are so pretty. They don't survive around here.
ReplyDeleteYou did so good at the Dollar store, love your finds!
I'm a Survivor fan and have watched all the seasons.
I am more an Canna Lily person and so is Harvey as he thinks the leaves and flowers look tropical. This year I am going to look for bulbs rather that starter plants.
ReplyDeleteLove your glasses and tea towels.
God bless,
I have one of those deviled egg containers! It's great! We call it the Dollar.25 Tree. There are always good bargains there and you found some good ones! Nice that the lost dog found its owner! Well done.
ReplyDeleteI like be calla Lillie’s! I need to get out and water because it is going back up to the 90’s. I will have to check out the Dollar Plus store. That color of green is so pretty!
ReplyDeleteI've been wanting a trip to Dollar Tree for a while now, and you have me excited to go do it soon. I definitely will be looking for the egg carry dish. We needed one last year. What a fun haul! Love the flowers! I will be back to answer your questions, as you have sparked my interest.
ReplyDeleteWe cannot grow these lilies outside by us. Wish we could because I do like these. March came in like a lamb here...but hoping it also goes out the same. Janice
ReplyDeleteThat's good that you were able to return the dog to its owner.
ReplyDeleteSome nice dollar tree finds
I enjoyed all your answers to Tuesday 4. I always learn something about the area where you live. Im glad you're in a location that works for you. Happy rest of your week.
ReplyDeleteEnjoyed your answers. It's been fun reading everyones weather scenarios
ReplyDelete