Saturday, May 23, 2026

No Canyon Jump Required




I want you to know I am not slamming the door. I am trying to build a bridge rather than making you all leap across a canyon. 

I changed my blog theme (lord willing for the last time. I was having more issues with the font, and the background color on my cell phone was orange.) Oi Vey, it's never-ending.  

I attempted to place the WP blog on a Blog List to the side, but it never updated, and it was 2 days. 

I'm still here with Tuesday Four, A Hodgepodge, Wordless Wednesday, and an occasional "This and That." But the new writing will happen on my WordPress Blog. https://frommyshastahome.com 

You can always reach me on WP. I’ll also be around, commenting on your blog. 


I’m feeling at peace about everything, and it’s all starting to make sense, and I’m happy about that. I’m enjoying experimenting over at WP and learning as I go. I’m glad I’m beginning to understand it, something I thought I wouldn't be able to figure out.  Though I had to push myself to get there. When I run into something I cannot figure out, the support I get walks me through it. Mostly, it’s about how the blog looks and how I want it arranged. The actual writing part on the blog is as easy as Blogger. 

I hope you are all enjoying a nice weekend. 

Until Next Time, 

Debby




26 comments:

  1. I really respect the honesty in this post because many people struggle with change online but rarely speak about the emotional side of it so openly. Building something new while still maintaining connection with longtime readers takes patience and commitment, especially when learning a different platform. There is also something refreshing about seeing someone continue to grow creatively instead of remaining stuck in frustration. Your words carry a calm confidence now, which makes the transition feel thoughtful rather than abrupt. I just shared a new post on my blog as well and would love if you visited when you have a little time www.melodyjacob.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update on your progress, Debby. Enjoy your weekend, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for not making us take the leap and providing the bridge. I am afraid of heights. LOL Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s clever, Janice.
      I know how you feel. I think this works but gosh it took awhile to figure it all out. I don’t want to lose the friendship I have found here!

      Delete
  4. I hear you on the ever-changing Blogger and blog issues, sigh. Wishing you a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry for your blogger issues. I haven't had any, but I will follow you here and on Word Press until you decide to land in one or the other!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep keeping on - what else can you do? 😃

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you will be around here, so I can see all the happenings in your life. And the area, which you seem to know more about than me haha. Thanks for updating us on this. That little bridge is so cute, I'm wondering where that is? Have a nice relaxing Sunday, Debby. I think you need and deserve it after all this "change" you are experiencing. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I am a bit of a local history buff. The WP blog will have local history and other things I love writing about. The bridge was in the Redwoods up by Arcata in Del Norte County (by the Oregon border)

      Delete
  8. So far Blogger isn't giving me issues but maybe I shouldn't have said that !!!
    I will continue to follow you on Blogger as long as I can. This "Old Dog" just can't at this time learn a whole new process. Hope we will continue to be in touch. I really like your blog posts and seeing up north sights and posts.
    Hang in there girl friend.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Sue, if you can click on a link, you can read my new blog. I think even an old dog could do that! lol.

      Delete
  9. Glad you feel at peace about it. I'm not sure how to add people anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I added your new URL to my feedreader, so I'm ready for anything.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for this update! I'm looking forward to accompanying you, no matter the platform.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm so appreciative that you will still follow along. It really isn't hard. I've made it very easy and will post about that in another upcoming post.

      Delete
  12. I've never explored Word Press but it might be good for me to do so.. I would sure be sad if something suddenly happened to blogger and I was without a place to go. Glad you will be around...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not ready to give up on blogging, and I didn’t feel quite at home with Blogger, with all the glitches, and you know how it is - you create something, work hard at it and then it doesn't post on time or the feeder takes hours to days to update - frustrating. So, I thought, why not give it a shot now? It’s better to dive in before I get older and the transition gets harder. I won’t sugarcoat it. There’s definitely a bit of a learning curve. But trust me, once you get the hang of it, it’s fun and makes it fun to create and post.

      Delete
  13. I have had the occasional issue with blogger, but nothing like you have had. Hopefully you enjoy your new blog as much as you enjoyed blogger over the years.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  14. At times blogging can give us a right headache but I am glad you are hanging them

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pleased you are feeling at peace about blogging, and where you will be blogging/posting.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for being here and commenting. Please allow a few hours for your comment to be moderated.

Only those who have a Google account will be able to comment -


A short Update From My Shasta Home

I thought I’d pop over with a short little update about what’s been going on this past week, if you haven't yet ventured over.  From My ...

Blog Feed from WordPress