Okay, so I might have missed opening day (Wednesday), but the Hodgepodge is still rolling out the red carpet for all of us fashionable latecomers.
1. What do you make more complicated than it needs to be?
I don’t intentionally try to complicate things, but sometimes I do, mostly in the past. I've learned that when that happens, it is usually because I am sticking my nose in where it doesn't belong. I don’t do that anymore, or at least I try.
2. What impresses you?
The more I learn of the character of God, the more impressed by Him that I am. I am impressed by individuals who have overcome difficult lives, including addiction and crime, and have become warriors for God. It's amazing to me, not just because they accomplished it, but because God continually shows me how He works in the lives of His people.
Now that's IMPRESSIVE!
3. On a scale of 1-10, how picky of an eater are you? (1=extremely picky and 10=not picky at all) If you had to eat a meal made entirely of one color, what color would you choose?
I used to be less picky, but I'm becoming more so, mostly due to my GERD. I would rate myself a 6-7.
My preferred colors for a meal are reds or greens
4. What does balance in life mean to you? Does your life currently feel 'balanced'?
Once one becomes enslaved to something, life can feel unbalanced and hard to manage. So the opposite would be freedom from all that would keep us from our purpose.
Yes, I feel my life is balanced. But take your eye off of it, and it can can a turn...
5. If you could travel the world for a year, what would be your first destination?
I am content right where I am and wouldn’t really care to travel for a year. So I'll take a hard pass.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
They are an indigenous West Coast species that historically occurred in nearly all salmon‑bearing rivers from Southern California to Alaska.
Pacific lamprey have occupied the West Coast, including California, for thousands of years. They are culturally significant to many Indigenous tribes and ecologically important in river systems.
While native, their numbers have declined sharply due to dams, habitat loss, and water management. Some southern California populations have been lost, but they remain present in many northern rivers, including the Klamath, Trinity, Eel, and Sacramento systems.
I had no idea such monstrous river creatures existed. All those years of exploring and fishing, and not once did I hear of anyone encountering them. But one quick Google search, yikes! There are videos of them biting people. No thanks, I’ll pass on watching that.
Did you notice it has prey within its name? Lamprey?
And that, dear friends, is precisely why I now stick to the safety of a nice, clean, sparkling swimming pool.
Until next time,
Debby
New Post WordPress



Uh, I've not heard of a Lamprey before and that picture makes to not want to ever encounter one!
ReplyDeletelol I know! 😬
DeleteI enjoyed reading your answers ...
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan
Thanks Jan
DeleteHA ... I am still laughing about sticking to a sparkly swimming pool. Me too!!
ReplyDeleteI like how you answered #4.
xo
A sparkly pool sounds really good now.
DeleteWe have eels in our river and I am glad I have never seen one yet. On the picky eater scale I am a 9. I love most food. If I have to travel it will be by car. No more planes for me. Janice
ReplyDeleteWe have a river here called the Eel River and there’s a reason why it’s called that. I won’t go near it.
DeleteThat creature is creepy, for sure! Yikes! I love the elephant in the pond, though! It's a good Hodgepodge, no matter the day! I enjoyed your answers, and red and green are my food preferences, too! I would miss corn, though!! LOL
ReplyDeleteI would miss corn, too!
DeleteOn my those lampreys are scary looking! I wouldn't want to travel for a year either.
ReplyDeleteI'd give myself an 8 in the picky eater category.
Aren’t they? Horrible.
DeleteIf it wasn’t for my Gerd, I’d be higher. Bought some red chili flakes to put on my pizza and they were delicious but oh did I pay the price. No more pepper flakes for me!
What a terrific response to #2! I love those unheralded souls walking among us and serve as beacons of light and love.
ReplyDeleteThat lamprey is seriously freaky. I'm glad I didn't know such creatures existed back in my ocean-going days.
Seriously freaky is right!
DeleteThat Lamprey looks like my worst nightmare!! I had heard the word and thought it was something like an eel, but this is even worse. So I wonder what that thing in the pond is? The baby elephant is so cute! The real ones are so adorable! There's no place like home for me too!!! But I would love to visit Maine or Ireland. But not to stay. It looks like your blogging problems are gone!! That means you have to stay!
ReplyDeleteI, too, am content where I am right now, Debby. With all of Danny's heart issues, we simply don't feel comfortable traveling far from home any more. That's okay. We share so many memories of mountain vacations that will last a lifetime. Now, our money is better spent in helping our family come to us instead. May God continue to bless you!
ReplyDeleteI saw that lamprey like shape and then after gazing at it for a while realized it was a reflection of the trunk curl of the elephant. Yep, give me a nice sparkling clean pool for swimming.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
I liked these answers
ReplyDeleteSurprised you are a picky eater, but I do understand GERD. You are a very honest gal.
ReplyDeleteThanks, I had no idea what it was either, smiles. And that is why I prefer to stay safe in our pool...and when we do go to the beach, its only ankle high for me. smiles. Wishing you a beautiful day.
ReplyDeleteAre you starting a new blog? Did I miss something or read something wrong? Anyway, I'm considering starting a new one all together or changing the current one, but more like starting a new one. Kids are all moved out, and I feel I need a "Fresh" start this year.
ReplyDeleteYikes! I wouldn't want to come across one of those lampreys! I agree to stick to nice, clean sparkling swimming pools!
ReplyDeleteUgh ... those lampreys are so ugly and scary. I do think I prefer the pool that I cn see all the way to the bottom !
ReplyDeleteI will give myself a 9 on the picky scale. I guess I really like food (a bit too much).
I really like to travel but I don't think I could handle an entire year away from home, no matter how wonderful the places were. I do need MY People too.
Europe would be a destination for me.
Sue
I am not picky at all when it comes to food, but given a choice prefer vegetables, fruits, beans, and whole grains to meat and processed food.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed reading your answers. Sorry about your Gerd. I love your answer for #2 on God. I'm glad you feel balanced. Your random thought is interesting.
ReplyDelete