This first Monday of May has me feeling excited, as I am stepping out of one role and stepping into another or diving in as the photo shows...
Back in March, I decided to step back from BSF leadership starting next year, and I wanted to finish strong this year, and now it's done, with Wednesday being my last time. My fellow leaders are just finding out. Not only does it feel like Wednesday is the last day of school for me (remember that feeling), but it feels like I have graduated. It’s time to make room for something new, as my time as a Group Leader has served its purpose in my growth and served as a springboard to mentoring young women. Now I will be able to focus more on the training at the CareNet clinic, and I won't be overcommitting.
I'll still be attending BSF - same group of ladies, and I mentored a gal from our group of ladies who agreed to lead. So the only thing that has changed is that I will be 20 hours a week lighter!
At 72, I sometimes wish I had embraced all these opportunities that keep coming my way sooner - there just seems so much more I want to do and be involved in. I want to be out there in the trenches! I’m just grateful for my health and that I am still able and willing to say "yes" to God's nudges, even if it leads to moments of uncertainty.
By letting go of “no” and “never,” I discovered new possibilities. Change is healthy; it prevents life from becoming a routine that feels more like a rut. And who wants to stay in a rut?
In the meantime, I told Karen at the clinic I could start in mid-May to mid-June. She understands that I do need a break. I'm forcing myself to take a break because deep down, I am so ready to get started. But this is a ministry with deep heartstrings, and one needs to be rested and refreshed.
I’m really looking forward to some fun projects this summer! First up, I can’t wait to paint my fence. I’ve been thinking it’s time for a big, deep clean at home, and reorganizing things around the house, patio, and planting some beautiful flowers. Spending more time with my sons, maybe some fishing?? We're planning to go up to Oregon and over to Nevada.
And of course, I can’t wait to explore more and revisit the backroads here in Far Northern California. There’s so much more to see and discover before it is gone.
Have a great week.
Until next time...or a thought suddenly sparks in my head and I have a burning desire to unload it all on you.
Debby

I totally understand what you are feeling and that sometimes you need a change. So what is the CareNet Clinic - what will you be doing?
ReplyDeleteIts a crisis pregnancy center. Possibly a advocate since that is what they need. Mentoring young moms.
DeleteI believe God has great things in store for you! Enjoy your needed break!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait.
DeleteWhether it's stepping in or stepping out, if we let God decide the direction for our lives, we will never go wrong, Debby. I'm sure you agree that heeding His will is always the best path to finding how He wants us to serve Him. There are things I thought I would like to do in retirement, but those have gone by the wayside as I would much rather spend time with Danny as his partner, wife and friend. Blessings!
ReplyDeleteI'm with you. My husband and I together love serving God together - we both are in Tikvah and the pregnancy center. We're two peas in a pod! ❤
DeleteLooks like some fun restful summertime things ahead! I would like to know more about the CareNet Clinic.
ReplyDeleteIt's a crisis pregnancy center.
DeleteWhen one door closes a new one opens. It sounds like what's ahead is going to be great for you. Helping at a crisis pregnancy center sounds amazing. God will provide all you need.
ReplyDeleteYou're right about that Dawn!
DeleteMy church supports a Women's Pregnancy Center here in our town, with donations and volunteers. It does make a difference, to the moms and to the babies. Bless you and your team for all you do. But, learning your limits and making time for YOU is equally as important! Enjoy your found time! I know you will make it count!
ReplyDeleteLearning our limits is important especially as we get "more mature" lol.
DeleteI hear a smile in your voice, Debby. Hope, too! May this month bring you renewed joy. (Laydee would like that.)
ReplyDeleteThat’s because I was grinning like a Cheshire cat. I remember reading years ago that if you smile while talking on the phone or writing a letter, the joy somehow sneaks into your words.
DeleteOhh Laydee. Yes she would.
Sometimes we do find ourselves sitting in a rut. It's great that you are exploring new things Debby...Each of the things that you mentioned of things you want to do, sounds full of fun and adventure. I love the fishing idea and working in our own yard is so rewarding. I am excited for you and for the changes that are ahead for you in your future...
ReplyDeleteSometimes we have to check ourselves for complacency.
DeleteI'm just excited for a break.
Enjoy your break and probably much needed R&R. Even at my age I remember that feeling of the last day of school!!
ReplyDeleteYou know, that "last day of school feeling", was the best and I rarely feel that anymore but I'm feeling it now.
DeleteWell Done Debby. I am really looking forward to seeing how you blossom even more in this new stage of your life. God is so good and knows what will be done with your Gifts. God's Timing is always perfect...
ReplyDeleteSue
Thank You for these words.
DeleteSue my husband and I prayed for Dave and his recovery. I hope things are looking up for you both.
Good job listening to the 'nudge' to step back from one project so you can be more involved with another one.
ReplyDeleteYep, you have to listen for the nudge before you budge...
DeleteIt's good you listened to that nudge
ReplyDeleteBig change. I'm happy for you. Enjoy working on your projects.
ReplyDeleteYou do keep busy ... keep enjoying working and being involved in your projects.
ReplyDeleteMy good wishes.
All the best Jan