Tuesday, December 17, 2024

Starting to wrap things up...


Tomorrow, I have my final BSF study session for 2024! 

After that, we'll take a break for the next two weeks. I found a special gift for each of my ladies—beautiful scripture boxes at a great price. They fit perfectly in the mini gift bags I picked up at Dollar Tree.





I hope they like them. 










Since I have twelve ladies attending, I’ve decided against creating individual name tags for each of them, as the gifts are identical. Instead, I will tag each one with the various names of God in Revelations. These are the ones I chose. 

The Almighty, (Rev 1:8)
 Alpha and Omega (Rev 1:8; 21:6; 22:13
Beginning and End (Rev 21:6, 13)
Bright Morning Star (Rev 22:16)
Faithful and True (Rev 19:11)
Firstborn of the Dead (Rev 1:5)
King of the Ages (Rev 15:3)
Lamp (Rev 21:23)
Lion of the Tribe of Judah (Rev 5:5)
Living One (Rev 1:17b)
Root of David (Rev 5:5; 22:16)
Who Is and Was and Is to Come (Rev 1:4, 8)


So many to choose from. 







Naturally, Susie was unable to resist the urge to delve into the unfolding events. 


Those wild eyes of hers when I caught her ripping up the tissue paper...

Busted!






I’m feeling organized and prepared for tomorrow’s final Bible study for 2024 and our 2-week break! 

As I wrap up the day, my plan is to finish the laundry.  Meanwhile, my husband will take on the task of wrapping the gifts we’ve picked out for our adult children.  I didn’t even need to go out and buy any wrapping paper this year because we still have a good amount left over from last holiday season! 

I'm starting to feel that wave of excitement as Christmas approaches because my kids have no idea what I've planned for them this year. They think they are receiving gift cards because that is what they agreed on. I put a lot of thought into what I bought, paying attention to their interests and being observant throughout the year. I'm also looking forward to surprising them with a festive prime rib dinner on Christmas, which they certainly won’t see coming! They think it is ham. It feels great to have a few surprises up my sleeve this year.

I’m truly grateful that we purchased everything we needed and paid for all our expenses in full. This underscores the importance of saving throughout the year; it makes a significant difference! We even paid for Laydee’s surgery expenses, which was a big relief. As a result, we’re heading into the New Year feeling secure and in a great position.

I'll wrap things up here and see you back here tomorrow at the Hodgepodge. 

It's starting to be a lot like Christmas...

Debby




 

12 comments:

  1. Such a nice gift for your BSF ladies and a great idea for the tags! How exciting to be able to surprise your kids! Years ago on Christmas we surprised our kids with a cruise in January! It was so fun to do while we were both working and able to afford it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that would be a surprise; a very welcome surprise. How nice of you. I bet they loved it.

      Delete
  2. This is the perfect gift!!! I don't think I would ever have thought of it. I love seeing Susie being naughty; it made my day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and she’s naughty but I love her like that! She loves Christmas.

      Delete
  3. Perfect gifts for the ladies. I'm sure they will love them. I know I would.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think those are wonderful gifts for your BSF girls. I would love to get something like that.
    Love that photo of Susie!
    Giving is so fun - I know your kids will like the gifts and the prime rib.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seeing Susie's wide eyes made me smile. The ladies will love their precious gifts. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those gifts for your Bible study ladies are exquisite, Debby! Where did you find them? I sure would like to know in case I'd like to order the same. Susie looks so surprised! She is a cute cat, to be sure. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. the gifts are perfect and also beautiful. can't wait for a report after Christmas on how the gift giving goes. you are ready! have fun and Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a thoughtful gift you gave the women at your Bible Study. You did a great job on the wrapping, so festive and pretty. And it's good you have some creative surprises for the family. I hope they all love what you got them. That mischievous Susie got into the packages! Look at those eyes! Enjoy the remainder of the days leading up until Christmas, Debby.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for being here and commenting. Please allow a few hours for your comment to be moderated.

Only those who have a Google account will be able to comment -


A short Update From My Shasta Home

I thought I’d pop over with a short little update about what’s been going on this past week, if you haven't yet ventured over.  From My ...

Blog Feed from WordPress