Monday, August 18, 2025

It's a God job!

 




We just returned from our visit to the Social Security Administration. It turns out they did make an unexpected error, which was surprising even to the SSA man we spoke with. I raised the valid concern about the possibility of them requesting money back in the future, but he provided us with solid proof to put in our files that it was their mistake, ensuring we don’t have to worry. The letter was overwhelming.  The recent deposit is the only one we will receive and yes, it was quite a generous amount! Starting next month, we can look forward to an increase in his monthly benefits.

 

Initially, my husband was hesitant to go in, but now he’s happy we did! When we first saw the amount, it felt a bit overwhelming and confusing. They mentioned an August 26 deposit, but we had already received that amount on August 6. Fortunately, we learned that our earlier deposit was sent out early for August 26. There's nothing wrong with asking questions to clear up confusion. I’m thankful we took the time to clarify things—

I inquired about how this situation arose, and he explained that while the SSA boasts a remarkable 99% accuracy rate, occasional oversights can happen for various reasons. He also mentioned that audits are conducted periodically, which helped uncover this error.


That’s why I wholeheartedly see this now as a true miracle—I don’t throw around the word “miracle” lightly, especially when there might be a plausible explanation. However, when the SSA representative mentioned he had never encountered anything like this before, it truly felt like a warm embrace from God. Naturally, a portion of that blessing will be used for His Kingdom here on earth. 

With everything now behind us, I can take a deep breath and truly appreciate this unexpected blessing that came to us out of the blue. Opportunities like this are rare, and we’re incredibly fortunate to have received it. 


Happy Monday, everyone! 

I’ll be getting my test results from the cardiologist on Thursday! While the waiting has been a bit of a drag, a doctor friend from church reassured me that if there was anything urgent, they would have acted quickly. I’m feeling optimistic, and just happy to get this all put behind me. It was May 8, the day after my son died from a heart attack 22 years ago, that I went to the ER with chest discomfort. So this saga was hanging over me like a dark cloud pretty much all summer.  

So yeah, put a fork in me, I'm done!  


I just realized that I missed my eye appointment! I typically go every six months for the eye plugs for my dry eyes. Instead of the usual text reminder, they sent a postcard that got lost in the shuffle of our junk mail. I’ll just reschedule. 


In just two weeks, we'll turn the page to September. I'm not going to talk about September just yet. I am still reeling that August has flown by so fast. It's getting to the point that I feel I need handrails to hold on to, as time whisks by at such a fast rate. 


Enjoy the day, the week, and the rest of the month! 
I sure will. 

Take Care,
Debby







31 comments:

  1. I'm glad to read that your polite persistence paid off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news! Waiting on cardiology is tough. But if there was anything serious, they would have called you right away. No news is good news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy you have clarification from the SS. What a relief!
    It'll be good to have the cardiology thing done with too. I agree that if they found something wrong you would have heard.
    I'm not ready for September either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you got everything straight with the SSA. Yes, I would have been nervous they would eventually want the money back! I'm happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a blessing this financial situation was for you, Debby. I'm glad it all worked out. There's nothing like having a bit of extra money to store away for those days when things come up. And they always do. Whispering a prayer right now for your cardiology appt. on Thursday.

    ~Sheri

    **I'm so glad you don't have those pesky squirrels hanging around your house, thanks for Laydee. I really should get a dog. ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nature always brings such amusing moments, don't they? It could be worse, Sheri - you could have bears on your property.
      Yes, huge blessing, and I like having a nice "pad" in the savings.

      Delete
  6. AMEN AND AMEN - A grateful and serendipity moment for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very good news. Sending you a hug 🫂 🤗 ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  8. AMEN! I'm so glad your time at the SSA was informative and mostly, a big win! Institutions like that tend to overwhelm me, not to mention their sometimes-brusk employees. How wonderful he took the time to explain matters!
    Good news on the health front, PTL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Living in a semi-rural area offers a slower pace compared to bustling metro life. They had about 35 or so, there, and we wrapped it up in an hour! Now the security guard who has been there for years, seemed awfully brusk with some of the people.

      Delete
  9. Can definitely get an amen!! If you can get the SSA to work with you and even explain things...that is an amen for sure! Glad it worked out and is resolved. Also wanted to thank you for your comment on my SF post. It was fun to read your thoughts and I am so having my brother sing carols on a cable car!! Delightful:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, now that was in the 1990, and we had an "in" with the grip operator who happened to go to our church. It was so much fun!

      Delete
  10. Great that he is getting his money back. I hope all goes well with your test.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh that is great news. I'll give you an AMEN. :) Hope all goes well with your appointment. That was a long time to have to wait. I found out my results the next day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of the delay was trying to get the first appointment with a cardiologist after the ER visit. Finally, once I went with the cardiologist, my Doctor recommended I be seen fast. But he happens to be the busiest Cardiologist in town - It's all good. It just teaches me patience.

      Delete
  12. Great news, and the doctor is quite right, if there had been a problem you would probably have heard immediately.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good to hear they gave you assurance regarding ever asking for the money back.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Debby...I am SO HAPPY for you and your husband for your "miracle" in August! That was really a wonderful story. Now you should splurge a little bit, too! Hope all is well with the heart situation. Thank you so much for stopping by Writing Straight from the Heart all the time and for commenting, too. You are a faithful blog follower and are very important to me! Hugs. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hooray! SSA came through for you just as I thought it would after our dealings in person at our local office. The person who provided the needed info was courteous, indeed. That is miracle upon miracle for which you can give thanks. Hoping all your cardio tests mean more miracles for you. Blessings, Debby!

    ReplyDelete
  16. AMEN! So happy for you and hubby with Social Security. Also I agree, I think they would have notified you right away if something bad with your test. But am hoping this will be another miracle for you when you do find out. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  17. AMEN! That is good news. I'm so glad that they admit they made a mistake. Praying that you results are good. Sorry you missed your eye appointment. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, I somehow missed this post !
    AMEN !!!!!
    PTL on your wonderful God Surprise. I am so happy it was ligit... and now you have some money for that trip and other things.
    Praying for your appointment today and good results all around.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for being here and commenting. Please allow a few hours for your comment to be moderated.

Only those who have a Google account will be able to comment -


A short Update From My Shasta Home

I thought I’d pop over with a short little update about what’s been going on this past week, if you haven't yet ventured over.  From My ...

Blog Feed from WordPress