Living in the Moment


My roses this morning - 






Can you see the squirrel?
At first I thought it was an owl. 






There he/she is. 






Truly a beautiful Saturday morning walk. 

Just a quiet moment before things change. Tomorrow we're supposed to get a chill in the air and some rain !

It's that time of year when the mornings are cool in the house but once the sun warms up outside, then we open the windows to let in some heat.  After the sun goes down it gets cool and we have to close the windows. 






These are from last year. All I have to do is take these from the garage and stake it into the ground.

Yet I still haven't done it yet!  









It's hard to believe that October is nearly coming to a close. This year feels different, as I find myself without a single decoration to mark the season—a first for me! I just wasn't willing to carve out time for it. I think as we transition into November, I might start to sprinkle in some Thanksgiving décor, but I’ll keep it minimal, knowing that I’ll soon have to pack it away to make room for Christmas. 

I'm not entirely sure, but I can see myself embracing minimalism as I grow older. There’s something appealing about that clean, uncluttered look, free of distractions and DUST! Yet, at this moment, I can’t bring myself to start purging my belongings; I want to observe whether this inclination toward simplicity remains a consistent pattern in my life. The only hiccup toward any type of minimalism is my husband, who seems to have a penchant for accumulating clutter as he ages. 


  • It seems like making this a priority slipped my mind this year. 
  • Did my poor time management contribute to this? 

I found myself continuously hoping that my creative inspiration would strike, but it never arrived. The month went by too fast! 

It's not like I am distressed over not decorating this year because I'm not. It's just different.  Oh well, at least I proved to myself that I can adapt and still be content in whatever season I find myself in - without all that fuss. 

Just living in the moment, I guess. 

Take Care!
Debby




 

Comments

  1. Hey Debby....you do have some cute pumpkins there. I was thinking just today how my house feels so cluttered with all of my fall decorations. I think I may need to pack up a few things right after Halloween. My oldest grandson and his wife are minimalist and there place is always so clean looking. Sounds nice to me! Happy Weekend.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to nanny for a family from Sweden and they were minimalists and I really liked being in their home. It wasn’t totally without any decoration - but it always looked just right.

      Delete
  2. I haven't put out any Halloween decorations, either. I suppose this week I will buy a pumpkin to put outside the condo door, and cook it off in time to use it for Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s probably what I might do since Thanksgiving is at our house this year. 🎃

      Delete
  3. I do see the squirrel in his first photo. He is so well hidden! I especially love your pumpkin and crow stake! It does take a lot of time and energy to decorate for the season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it does that a lot when you have several containers.

      Delete
  4. I didn't see the squirrel until the close up - he blends right in!
    Your pumpkins are cute too. I'm leaning more toward minimalism too, but yet some things are hard because of the sentimental value!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you! I have many items that are recent purchases and while I may like them, it might be time to pass them on to someone who would appreciate them and only display the decorations that have sentimental value.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for being here and commenting. Please allow a few hours for your comment to be moderated.
I read them all, and I comment back because I enjoy the dialogue. Sometimes you will learn more about me just with my comments back to you. You don’t want to miss those, do you??

Only those who have a google account will be able to comment -


Popular Posts