I wanted to share about one of the remarkable women in my BSF study group. Rene underwent brain surgery in December, and was back in three weeks! Today she having breast surgery for cancer. It truly breaks my heart, especially knowing what a beautiful soul she is—someone who has always placed her trust in God with an unwavering spirit. Despite her own struggles, she radiates positivity and often finds ways to comfort those around her. She sent me the meme from James 5:16 last night as we texted back and forth. I'm hoping to hear some news in the next day or so - I don’t want to overwhelm her during this time.
Last night, my husband was experiencing a pretty bad headache that has persisted for a couple of days, along with back pain. He had spent a significant amount of time in the yard yesterday - cutting branches off a tree and preparing them for trash pickup, which likely contributed to all of this. This morning, he had a hard time getting out of bed due to the considerable pain and decided to visit the VA clinic for evaluation. Although he is fine, the clinic recommended that he allow his back to rest for a couple of days.
My husband tends to maintain a hectic schedule, exacerbated by his ADHD, which makes it hard for him to just relax. The clinic also suggested he take Excedrin for his headache. Consequently, due to his limited mobility, both he and Patrick will not be going to set up the table at the college tomorrow. I have opted to stay home from my BSF class and arranged for a substitute in my place; that way, I can make sure he stays put and gets the rest so he can heal.
This is the first time I have missed my class - oh well. He would do the same for me.
We have just received a significant package from Amir Tsarfati's Behold Israel, and we couldn't be more excited! God is truly opening the right doors for us in this ministry, not only to colleges but also to churches in the area. It is our deep desire that God will stir the hearts of all Christians to understand and love Israel and its people.
The pens and bracelets are appealing;
They sent about 30 books!
_________________
Are You Noticing the Signs of the Times?
In the Bible, Jesus spoke about the signs that would make it clear His return is near. What are those signs? And are they evident today?
As a Jewish native Israeli who is a Christian, Amir Tsarfati has a distinct perspective that weaves biblical history, current events, and Bible prophecy together to shine light on the mysteries about the end times. From his vantage point in the Middle East and through careful Bible study, Amir points to evidence that informs us the return of the Lord is imminent.
In The Day Approaching, you will learn…
- God’s plans for the world, Israel, the church, and you
- that the signs of Christ’s return are visible all around us
- about the smoke screen of deception that will lure people away from truth
- how even now God is revealing Himself to people and changing their hearts
- of the wonders that await us in Jesus’ future millennial kingdom
As you seek hope and clarity about earth’s final days, let the Bible alone be the resource you turn to for answers.
_________________
As I said, we just received this while I was writing this post, so I am anxious to go through it all - and start reading that book!
Stay tuned to the Hodgepodge for tomorrow -
Have a blessed evening.
Debby






I am so happy to read about Elias and his improvement. I will continue to keep him in my prayers. I do hope your husband listened to both the clinic and yourself. He needs to rest and get better.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
He will rest tomorrow!
DeleteThis is such great news to hear that Elias is doing better any improvement at all is like a miracle. Will continue to pray for his healing and for his brother and for his grandfather and for all of you that are working so hard in these hard times enjoy your diveinto the books that came
ReplyDeleteThey were concerned of the paralysis so it’s good there has been some movement.
DeleteI am a huge believer in the power of prayer....I saw this when our grandson had leukemia. This is wonderful news for Elias and I send prayers that he will grow stronger and stronger every day. Sorry to hear about your husband....rest is the best thing for his back. My Sam has back issues and heat, ice and rest are a must when his back is out. Hopefully you can get your husband to rest. I can hear the excitement in your words about the books ...Will be interesting to hear what you learn...Thank you for always sharing from your heart...
ReplyDeleteI’m sure you did!
DeleteOh my husband will be fine. He does too much thinking he’s still a young buck! Ha, don’t we all. 😆
I'm so glad to hear about Elias! I think it is great that in this situation, you put your husband first! But I wish the VA would have been a bit more helpful. Well, the bible says no one will know or suspect the day of Jesus' return. But the way the world is, I would not be surprised that it is any day!
ReplyDeleteJesus stated that "no one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father," but there will be signs. Jesus said that there will be signs in the sky and on Earth that indicate the end of times. These signs include wars, famine, disease, and earthquakes. Jesus also warned of false prophets who will deceive people.
DeleteMain thing is we must share the good news! We never know.
That's wonderful news on Elias! He's so cute and has a great smile.
ReplyDeleteSorry about what your husband is going though, hope he can rest. He will have to if you're watching him. :)
We like Amir Tsarfati too.
He’ll rest when I stay home.When he over does it, it takes a few days. He does have an appointment with a chiropractor at the VA next month. Now they pay for Chiropractic appointments which is fairly new. So hopefully we’ll see some improvement once that begins.
DeleteVery glad to hear Elias' progress is getting better. Hopefully he will be back 100%. I will continue to pray for him. When my hubby had headaches, it was due to him having a stroke. Glad that was not the case for your husband. What is it about some men and working so hard? Janice
ReplyDeleteHis headache is not as painful as the last few days. He doesn’t drink enough water so a lot if it is dehydration, maybe tension - who knows?
DeleteThank you for the update on Elias!!! Continuing to pray!!!!
ReplyDeletePraying for your husband.
Carla
It’s a slow recovery when paralyses is involved.
DeleteThank you to you and Elias' grandmother for this update. Your friend Rene sounds like a real beacon of light and positivity. I'm lifting bold prayers for her right now ... your hubby, too!
ReplyDeleteOh she is truly. She never complains - in fact most of the time she doesn’t even share until she has a surgery. Now she’s a role model.
DeleteThanks, Debby, for this great news about Elias' improvement! I will pray for him, Rene, and your husband, too. Men don't know, sometimes, how to take it easy when they need to. God bless!
ReplyDeleteThat is wonderful news on Elias. I'm so happy to hear it. I will keep Rene in my prayers. She is going through so much. Praying for your husband also. The package you received looks lovely. Take care.
ReplyDeleteOh, I'm so glad to hear precious Elias is doing better. Thanks for the update, Debby. His smile is precious. I'm sorry to hear about your friend in Bible Study. I hope your husband is feeling better. It sounds like he has allergies from all the yard work he did. The James verse is so special. I really like that one.
ReplyDelete~Sheri