Better Late than Never Hodgepodge

 

From this Side of the Pond


JOIN~ Answer on your own blog then hop back here to add your link to the party. 



1. Monday was National Apple Day...did you eat an apple or enjoy something made with apples on Monday? Do you like apples? Do you prefer your apples raw, baked, or in cider? Do you have a favorite variety of apple? 

No, and No
Yes
I like them raw, baked, and in cider.
Gravenstein apples - 

2. Do you think there's any truth to the saying 'an apple a day keeps the doctor away'

No, but it's a healthy snack choice.



Of the following healthy habits which do you find easiest to incorporate into your life and which is the most difficult for you to adopt-

Easyadequate sleep, a balanced diet, plenty of water, eat breakfast, don't smoke, exercise, limit alcohol, vegetables in your diet, manage stress, limit screen time

I've never smoked - never been much of a drinker -

 For many years, I was a runner, starting in my freshman year of high school with the 100-mile club. I ran through three pregnancies until an unexpected fall 15 years ago injured my knee. 

Now, my daily routine revolves around walking. which, can't match the exhilaration of running. In my dreams, I’m back on a path, feeling invincible. 

Occasionally, as I walk down a hill, an electrifying surge ignites my longing to "lift-off." I can almost feel the ground yielding to my desire for flight, but my knees protest, reminding me of the freedom I once took for granted.

Bummer! 


Difficult or challenging including fruit in my diet

Fruit doesn't taste like it used to, so I find it harder to incorporate fruit into my diet. 


I love visiting this charming local farm to pick up freshly harvested fruits and vegetables. There’s homemade bread, along with a variety of delicious homemade jams and jellies. The farmers wife, even makes unique soaps! The freshness and quality of everything far surpass what I used to buy at the grocery store. I also appreciate the beautiful surroundings and inviting ambiance, making each visit a special experience. 

Now, that has to be healthy!




3. Who taught you how to drive? Do you enjoy driving? Would you rather be the driver or the passenger?  

My Dad, Mom, a boyfriend, and Mr. George, my high-school driving instructor/business teacher.

I love to drive and do at least half the driving when we go anywhere. I've always been prone to car sickness, so sometimes I have to drive.







Do you have a favorite scenic drive near you? 

I reside in a part of far Northern California that even Californians never come to - where the landscape is a stunning collage of mountains, ancient volcanoes, lava tubes, and shimmering glaciers. Towering redwood trees stand proudly amidst lush forests, while the rugged coastline meets the crashing waves of the Pacific Ocean. The rural countryside is a visual delight of cattle ranches and farms - dotted with serene lakes, meandering rivers, and streams. Just a few minutes drive from my home, it doesn’t take long to immerse myself in some of the most picturesque and captivating scenery nature offers - 

No traffic, no crowds no tourists, and no big cities! 








The drive up to Mt Shasta (Elev.14,179 Ft. ) is a favorite, and we do it several times a year. This summer, after a early snowfall.





4. What small habit has had a big impact on your life? 

Prayer



5. Tell us about something nice that happened to you recently. 


Each day brings delightful moments of smiles and friendly conversations. Recently, while waiting behind a man while he was picking out a carton of eggs,  he surprised me by turning around and offering me the eggs he had just chosen. Kindness is contagious!

I think I am "at that age." 


6. Insert your own random thought here. 

It's funny. I have random thoughts every day, but when the Hodgepodge asks me to insert my thoughts, I can't think of a thing. 

I wasn't going to do the Hodgepodge anymore because I am always late getting it out and posting it on linky - I guess better late than never!



Thanks for dropping by my Hodgepodge for this week. 

Take Care


Debby


Comments

  1. I love these posts as I learn so much more about you, your faith and your life.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of Gravenstein apples. I'm going to have to look for them. I like Honey Crisp variety.
    Good for you for being a runner. I always hated running!
    Your views of the mountains are always so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The scenery around you is breathtaking! It sounds like you don't take it for granted which is great! The picture and description of the farmer's market sounds really nice- we have one near us that is similar and I love to support it. I, too, was a runner and not that long ago. I had Achilles heal surgery in early April and am still not able to run (and even walk) like I used to. It's kind of depressing but I am thankful to be walking period after being in a thick cast for three weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some sweet answers to the hodgpodge....I am not a big apple eater, but if I don eat them, I like them baked with cinnamon and sugar. Your area is absolutely gorgeous...love all the mountains and the big trees. That was a very kind gesture form the man...there really are some good people in this world...Kindness is so important and our world needs lots of it right now..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for being here and commenting. Please allow a few hours for your comment to be moderated.
I read them all, and I comment back because I enjoy the dialogue. Sometimes you will learn more about me just with my comments back to you. You don’t want to miss those, do you??

Only those who have a google account will be able to comment -


Popular Posts